Main Page Content
Golden Eagle Orientation
- Golden Eagle Orientation is a required program for first-year students.
- This is an overnight program.
- The Program begins at 12:30 pm on day 1 and ends around 1 pm on day 2.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the program to allow time to check in.
- You need to attend the session in its entirety.
Looking for an On-campus Job?
Brockport Auxiliary Service Corporation will be holding open interviews for student positions in dining services. Interviews will be scheduled for the afternoon of Day 2 from 1:30-3:30pm and will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Interviews are 20 minutes long.
Please note: This schedule is not comprehensive—it is intended to give you an overview of our program and what to expect. This schedule is subject to change. You will be provided with a detailed schedule when you arrive on day one.
Orientation Check-In & Lunch
9:30 am- Noon Check-In at McFarlane Hall
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the program to allow time to check in.
11 am- 12:15pm Lunch at Brockway Dining Hall
10:30 - 11:30 am Campus Tour (Optional)
10:30 - 11:30 am Information Session for First-Generation Students and Parents
10:30 - 11:30 am Extraordinary & Honors Scholarship Recipient Orientation (by invitation)
10:30 - 11:30am Information Session for Military Service Members (by invitation)
*Session 1 Only: 11:30 am - 12:15 pm Honors College Orientation (Required for Honors Students—Lunch provided for students and their guests)
Golden Eagle Orientation Sessions
12:30 pm Opening Ceremony & Welcome
- Time with your upper-class Orientation Leader
- Receive your Fall Schedule
- Review Academic Expectations
- Receive important information about Commuting to Brockport or Living On Campus
- Informational Workshops
- Come learn about Getting Involved, Athletics & Campus Recreations, Dining, Parking & Transportation, and so much more!
- Optional Advisement
- Advice from Faculty
- Dinner with faculty and staff
- College Life Live
- Late Night Events
All Students—Intended Commuters or Residential—Stay Overnight in the Residence Hall
Breakfast & Morning Sessions
- Advice from current students and alumni
- Financial Aid & Student Accounts
- Information Fair
- Tech 101—Your Brockport Accounts
- Strategies for Academic Success
1 pm Check Out- Conclusion of Golden Eagle Orientation
1:30- 3:30 pm Dining Services Open Job Interviews (Optional)