Mandatory Transfer Student Online Orientation
Step 1: Review the Instructions
The online orientation modules are located in the College's course management system, BLACKBOARD
To access the online orientation modules you must first log into Blackboard and locate the community group "New Transfers <semester> <year>."
- Click on the group and select "Content."
- When the online orientation is open you must complete the modules sequentially.
- NOTE: There is a brief assessment at the end of each module.
Step 2: Complete the Online Orientation Modules*
Online Orientation must be completed by the end of the third week of classes in order to avoid a hold on your account.
*New transfer students will be charged a transfer orientation fee of $75 (placed on student bill). The fee is used to offset expenses associated with the College's registration and orientation activities for new transfer students. It is assessed to all students who enter as transfers with 24 or more credits and covers the cost of the first semester advisement, registration and all orientation events during and before the first semester. Students who do not attend all orientation events are still assessed the fee.
Step 3: RSVP to attend the Golden Eagle Orientation (GEO) Program
- Your official invitation for the GEO Program will be sent to your Brockport email with an RSVP form.
- Check-in begins at 8:30 am in the Seymour College Union Ballroom.
- GEO Program(s):
- Meet Transfer Peer Mentors
- Obtain student ID
- Interact with other new students
- Learn more about academic expectations and resources