ANNUAL FIRE CODE COMPLIANCE INSPECTION IN PROGRESS
The State Fire Inspector is on the Brockport campus conducting the annual fire code compliance inspection.
The State Fire Inspector is on the Brockport campus conducting the annual fire code compliance inspection.Below are some tips for keeping your work area safe and fire code compliant:
• Use only power strips that have a reset button or switch and are UL listed (will have a “UL” printed on them);
• Use extensions cords for temporary uses only. Unplug them after you are finished using them;
• Maintain at least 18 inches of clearance between flammable materials and the ceiling;
• Keep the space around office and classroom doors clear so that doors open completely and occupants can enter and exit safely;
• Keep the space around fire extinguishers clear;
• Avoid using doorstops to hold open fire-rated doors. A properly operating fire door is a key component to stop the spread of fire and smoke;
• Maintain 3 feet of clearance on all sides of and in front of electrical panels; and
• Do not block emergency doors and exits.
Please review your own work area. If you have any questions, please contact Environmental, Health & Safety at 395-2495.
Facilities service requests can be submitted to the link below.
posted by jsigler [2018-03-12]
Facilities Service Center, 395-2408