Office Assistant 2 - Human Resources - Employment Opportunity
The Office of Human Resources Office Assistant 2, SG-09 Full-Time, Contingent / Permanent Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Line #: 00700
This position coordinates and supports the front end office operations and provides administrative support to the Associate Director of Human Resources.
• Provides administrative support to the Associate Director of Human Resources including processing in and out-baskets, word processing, filing documents, and maintaining calendars.
• Serves as the key point of contact in the office: answers incoming calls, directs calls and visitors to appropriate staff, and attends to and answers questions for walk-ins.
• Assists employees with completing and filling out employment forms, such as I-9, benefit and tax forms.
• Sets up new employee personnel files. Follows up with new hires on the completion of any outstanding forms. Files paperwork according to proper procedure.
• Maintains personnel files including active, inactive, pending, and retired employees. Maintains I-9 and volunteer appointment files. Completes the annual archiving of previous employees.
• Ensures accuracy of Title of Oath cards and verifies signatures are in place before copying and mailing original to Albany.
• Enters appointment forms and other documents into the shared log.
• Serves as the back-up for paycheck distribution.
• Opens and distributes mail for the department.
• Maintains the calendar for the 4th floor conference room.
• Checks and routes HR Office emails to appropriate staff.
• Answers basic benefit questions via phone and walk-ins. Helps employees fill out their benefit and change of status request forms.
• Completes employment verification requests via phone, mail, and fax.
• Responds to questions concerning policy and procedures, and refers calls to appropriate HR staff for technical information and clarification. Responds to questions concerning HR programs, policies, procedures and the applicant tracking system. (i.e., Must have significant knowledge of a program area to respond instantly to a variety of procedural and policy questions. In cases where more detailed answers are required or background information is needed, the Office Assistant 2 researches problems completely with program staff. If questions are very technical, the Office Assistant 2 refers phone calls or visitor to correct program staff.)
• Handles procurement duties: purchases supplies, and manages specialty print orders. Conducts an annual inventory review to ensure property control measures are followed.
• Enters information into SUNYHR including such things as directory changes, I-9’s, and basic demographic information.
• Assists HR Operations staff with data entry into SUNY HR.
• Works with departments to ensure paperwork is received in a timely manner and contains accurate information and necessary attachments. Enters and maintains all volunteer data required to appoint volunteers into SUNY HR including demographics, directory, and education.
• Enters information into the pre-employment background investigation system for new volunteers. Monitors for completion and warnings.
• Sends performance program and evaluation notices to the Daily Eagle.
• Tracks and processes performance program and evaluation transactions in SUNY HR and provides status reports.
• Sends and tracks License Event Notification System (LENS) forms for promotions and new hire positions requiring current NYS driver’s licenses. Follows up and maintains NYS driver’s license list. Completes the annual archiving of previous employees.
• Logs injury reports.
• Posts HR announcements on the Daily Eagle.
• Show other search criteria
• Routinely cleans work area to keep it organized and clutter free.
• Attends meetings.
• Works with highly confidential and sensitive information. Must ensure employee privacy and confidentiality is maintained to the extent possible.
• Trains work study students as needed.
One year as an Office Assistant 1; or one year of permanent service in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher, and must have permanent appointment in an Office Assistant 2 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2 full time – Brockport location. New York State Preferred Lists candidates have preference.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent attention to detail, organization and problem solving skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills to work with faculty, staff and students.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven record of personal integrity.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask.
How to apply
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by April 7, 2018.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by hcunning [2018-03-26]
Gloria Lear, email@example.com