2017-2018 Fraternity & Sorority Life Highlights
On Wednesday, May 2nd in McCue Auditorium, Liberal Arts Building, the Fraternity & Sorority Life highlighted all the work that our seven recognized organizations have done during the 2017-2018 academic year.
The College at Brockport Fraternity and Sorority Life upholds its members to the gold standard set forth by the college, the Inter-Greek Council, and by the respective national Greek organizations.
· Promote academic success at the highest levels of scholarship.
· Encourage its members to be engaged in their community through service and philanthropy.
· Foster the growth of leadership, responsibility, and moral character through a superior sense of ethics, respect, and inclusion.
· Establish a diverse environment that promotes lifelong friendships built on unity, pride, and support.
· Develop a foundation that creates a lifetime of ideals and values that prepares leaders for a global society.
Our highlights this year included:
1) Inaugural “Meet the GrΣΣks” Event held in September
2) Successfully created IGC colonization steps for Lambda Sigma Upsilon and future colonies at The College at Brockport to follow prior to chartering
3) 101 members completed the Green Dot training through Prevention & Outreach Services
4) Participated in Walk a Mile in Their Shoes (Prevention & Outreach Services)
5) “The Little Library” (co-sponsorship with Friends of Drake Library)
6) Raised $281.77 for March of Dimes with the Blue Jeans for Babies campaign (third year in a row)
7) Date Auction raised $855 for three philanthropies (Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Sigma Sigma, and Pi Kappa Phi)
8) Participated in Tunnel of Oppression
9) Rewrote the IGC Constitution
Each organization also initiated new members for the fall and spring semesters whom are listed below:
Delta Phi Epsilon
Delta Phi Epsilon
Phi Sigma Sigma
Phi Sigma Sigma
Pi Kappa Phi
Zeta Phi Beta
Kelly Anderson (Brockport)
Cameron Arias (Brockport)
Nakeia Barlow (Rochester Institute of Technology)
Lauren Harcum (Rochester Institute of Technology)
Joy Nicholas (University of Rochester)
Fateemah Saleem (Rochester Institute of Technology)
Awards for academic excellence were presented to individuals who achieved or exceeded our Greek life expectations.
Our fraternity scholar of the year was Noah Basehart and our sorority scholar of the year was Sara Purvis. These individuals had the highest GPA in the Inter Greek Council.
Our Dean’s List award was presented to individuals who had a GPA of 3.40 – 3.69.These Individuals are: Noah Basehart, Abbie Berl, Genesis Candelario, Marie Fischer, Diana Genao, Gina Graziani, Helen Knapp, Paige Mason, Sara Purvis, Michelle Riggio, Jamie Rowe, Kelsei Schuster, Katherine Simonian, Maggie Stewart, DesRee Taylor, Genyssa Torres
Our Dean’s List with Honors was presented to individuals who had a GPA of 3.70 – 3.99. These individuals are: Abbie Berl, Genesis Candelario, Gina Graziani, Paige Mason, Sara Purvis, Michelle Riggio, Kelsei Schuster, Maggie Stewart
Our award for most successful community service project was presented to the Inter Greek Council for “The Little Library”.
Our award for Chapter of the Year was presented to the Delta Sigma Chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma.
posted by cdewberry [2018-05-10]
Christal Dewberry, Graduate Assistant for Student Organization and Fraternity & Sorority Life Student Union & Activities, email@example.com