Interim CELT Director - Internal Search
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is seeking an Interim Director. Please send a letter of application, CV/resume, and references to Kandie Gay by Friday, June 1.
Description of Duties: The Director of CELT has all administrative responsibilities for maintaining a faculty development center and supervising the Center's employees. This is a 12-month appointment.
The Director will:
• Offer training to faculty in use of instructional technology in the classroom
• Coordinate sending faculty to off-campus development events related to teaching and learning
• Provide opportunities for faculty to have individual consultation on improvement of classroom instruction
• Maintain CELT web site and communications related to faculty development with the College faculty
• Work cooperatively with CELT Advisory Board, campus committees, IT, and Media Services area
• Supervise CELT staff including one office assistant and temporary service/work study employees
• Prepare reports on CELT's activities as required
• Oversee College Technology Grants
• Oversee Chancellor’s Award Committee
• Oversee Academic Advising Awards
• Maintain expertise in the field via conferences, workshops, etc.
• Master's degree in an academic discipline or in faculty development
• Interest in and demonstrated experience in faculty development in higher education
• Experience in managing staff and resources
• Competence in instructional design
• Experience using technology to enhance teaching
• Doctoral degree in an academic discipline or in faculty development
• Teaching experience in higher education or an adult education/training environment
• Knowledge of assessment
• Prior experience working in a faculty development center
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 1, and should be sent to Kandie Gay at email@example.com or Allen Administration Building room 619.
posted by kgay [2018-05-16]
Eileen Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org