REOC Pharmacy Technician Lecturer Employment Opportunity
The Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), part of The College at Brockport, and located in downtown Rochester invites applications for a Pharmacy Technician Lecturer.
The Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), part of The College at Brockport, and located in downtown Rochester invites applications for a Pharmacy Technician Lecturer. The REOC delivers comprehensive, community-based academic and workforce development programs and provides support services leading to enhanced employment opportunities, access to further education, personal growth and development. The Pharmacy Technician Lecturer is responsible for leading and directing students toward their goal of satisfactory completion of the Pharmacy Technician program. The Lecturer will coordinate and instruct assigned courses at the locations and time designated, which will include classroom, lab, and clinical rotation experiences at community and hospital pharmacies.
• Provides instruction in classroom and laboratory environments.
• Prepares and maintains course-related material related to student enrollment, test records, curriculum planning and review, lesson plans, evaluations, student progress, and attendance records.
• Coordinates all matters related to the program's accreditation in conjunction with Academic Affairs administration.
• Participates in the selection of textbooks, course materials, and computer software.
• Provides clinical supervision in community and hospital pharmacies.
• Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students concerning their progression. Tutors students, as necessary, and provides assistance with students' remedial needs.
• Engages in academic advisement and counseling.
• Reinforces student responsibilities and program policies.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with REOC staff.
• Acts as a professional role model for students.
• Maintains six office hours per week.
• Engages in service related activities including serving on at least two committees.
• Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Nationally Certified PTCB Technician
• Minimum of three years' experience working in a pharmacy setting
• Able to adhere to NY State regulations regarding licensure and registration
• Minimum of two years’ experience teaching and training adult learners
Salary and Benefits
This 12 month full-time position and pays a minimum starting salary of $47,000. Excellent benefits package including paid dental, vision, and health insurances, retirement, and paid time off.
Please visit jobs.brockport.edu and attach a cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2018-07-19]
The Office of Human Resources x2126