Student Employment Lead Employment Opportunity
The Student Employment team is housed within Career Services and is responsible for administering the hiring and development of Brockport student employees.
Budget Title: Senior Career Planning and Development Associate
Campus Title: Student Employment Lead
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $48,000
Student Employment Overview
The Student Employment team is housed within Career Services and is responsible for administering the hiring and development of Brockport student employees (approximately 1,800 per year) as well as the development of off-campus employment opportunities for students while they are school. The staff maintains, oversees, and administers the hiring processes for on campus student wage and Federal Work Study (FWS) and off-campus FWS employees, ensures employee data integrity and accuracy, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This includes the management of all I-9 processing and tax form distribution. The staff provides support to department supervisors and employees regarding student employment practices, processes, and employment related issues.
This position will be responsible for the oversight of student employment from hiring and onboarding to professional development. The staff member will work on developing systems that enhance the efficiency of student employment processes as well as ensure that they are meeting compliance standards as required by federal regulations. The incumbent will work on building a hiring system that is used by all campus supervisors. In addition, this staff member will work on developing professionalism programs for both student supervisors and student employees. This position reports to the Director of Career Services.
• Lead and manage the student employment function for the College.
• Provide coaching for student employee supervisors related to compliance with policies and best practices. Establish, oversee, and enhance college technology, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, and state and federal laws. Related areas would include the student hiring processes, 1-9 form compliance, and employee record maintenance.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate programming for student employees and student employers, and develop effective communication strategies. This will include sharing information related to student employment procedures and policies, laws that affect student staff, recognition of excellence, and programs that continue to align student employment with the overall strategic direction of Career Services, the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, and The College at Brockport.
• Establish and enhance collaborative college-wide partnerships involving Human Resources, Payroll Services, Financial Aid, IT, and other departments to ensure seamless service delivery between departments, compliance with college policy and applicable laws, and to drive strategic direction.
• Take an active role in the transformation of student employment to a full co-curricular high impact practice. Facilitate the creation of a professional developmental approach to student employment.
• Supervise and evaluate the Employer Relations Coordinator responsible for development of off-campus employment opportunities.
• Provide career development support to students, which includes major and career choice as well as the development of job search skills.
• Participate in and support Career Services special events and activities, represent Career Services at college-wide events and activities and serve on college committees.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Experience working with individuals related to career development
• Experience delivering training to individuals and groups
• Experience working in collaborative groups or committees to accomplish shared goals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to create and maintain an inclusive environment where all individuals feel welcome
• Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Education, Business or a related area from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized institution
• Experience working in a capacity related to student employment
• Understanding of policies and procedures related to the administration of work-study funds
• Understanding of policies and procedures related to hiring and onboarding of new employees
• Comfort with using technology to make processes more efficient
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on August 3, 2018. For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu and complete the application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2018-07-27]
Office of Human Resources, x2126