Secretary 1 - School of Education, Health & Human Services - Employment Opportunity
Secretary 1, SG-11 8-4, Monday - Friday Full-Time, Contingent/Perm Line #00761
Provides administrative support to the Associate and Assistant Dean of the School.
• Manages the daily operation of the office: opens, reviews, sorts and distributes the mail. Schedules meetings and maintains calendars. Makes travel arrangements and prepares travel vouchers.
• Answers the telephone, responds to questions concerning policy or procedures and refers calls to appropriate staff members for very technical information.
• Coordinates communication between School and department chairperson, faculty, staff, administrators and students. Reviews incoming correspondence and reports to determine their significance. Makes recommendations to the Associate and Assistant Dean or refers to appropriate persons for reply. Processes correspondence to newly accepted students and Dean’s list letters.
• Gathers data relevant to complex or unusual inquiries in order to provide a basis for a reply or a decision and/or drafts the reply. Prepares responses to routine correspondence and submits to staff for review.
• Assists with scheduling and staffing of School events and meetings (prepares materials as needed, takes notes and prepares meeting minutes).
• Assists with record keeping for personnel management, course schedules, catalog updates and program tracking. Monitors and tracks status of program activities.
• Assists with School budgets, Faculty Staff Account, purchasing supplies and equipment – tracks accounts and Visa card payments and provides monthly summaries.
• Supports Assistant Dean with assessment and accreditation.
• Responds to questions concerning program, policies and procedures. Refers most complex technical questions to appropriate staff.
• Maintains files to keep them in order and indexes the files for easy retrieval of information.
• Updates the School’s website and other social media outlets, also assists with School’s newsletter.
• Trains student workers as needed.
• Sensitively handles multiple phone lines, responds to questions concerning policies and procedures and refers calls to appropriate staff for technical information and clarification.
• Assists with developing, maintaining and updating office procedure manuals.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in a Secretary 1 classified position or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list for Secretary 1 full time – Brockport location.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to work with BANNER; BlackBoard; BI; Oracal; Machform; OU Campus website software
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to multi-task and deal with shifting priorities
• Ability to analyze and summarize information in both narrative and numerical form
• Ability to produce letters, tables, and documents using an alphanumeric keyboard
• Ability to design and maintain filing systems
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and record of personal integrity
How to apply
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at www.jobs.brockport.edu by August 24, 2018.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by glear [2018-08-09]
Gloria Lear, firstname.lastname@example.org