Office Assistant 2 (Calculations) - Office of Student Accounts & Accounting - Employment Opportunity
This posting is to fill three Office Assistant 2 Calculations positions. Full-time, Contingent permanent, Monday - Friday, various schedules, Lines: 00713, 00716, 00743
Executes Office Assistant 2 – Calculations duties for the Office of Student Accounts & Accounting. Works as a collaborative and strong contributing member of the team.
• Staffs the department’s service counter: manages the department email account and phone system; provides courteous, professional and accurate assistance to all internal and external customers.
• Performs complex fiscal functions: Maintains and reconciles cash drawer at the beginning and end of each workday.
• Accepts and accurately processes payments via cash, check, credit card or electronic means, and receives/receipts miscellaneous payments including departmental deposits. Analysis of payment distribution can be complex.
• Calculates and issues change.
• Negotiates student loan checks, and administers financial aid awards.
• Reviews and interprets complex financial information contained in Elluican/Banner system, including student account transactions, and financial aid awards; and communicates that information to students and families accurately and professionally.
• Counsels students with regard to their financial obligations, and outlines the options available to them. Options can require extensive and complex fiscal calculation.
• Serves as back up to all Student Accounts & Accounting Grade 9 positions.
• Understands and maintains compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations.
• Understands and maintains compliance with federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Understands and maintains compliance with federal Title IV financial aid regulations.
• Interprets policies of the office, the College, NYS and the federal government; upholds and enforces those policies at all times.
• Maintains an accurate knowledge base of complex and frequently changing SUNY, state and federal regulatory and compliance laws.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive customer fiscal and personal data.
• Executes all aspects of the Vocational Rehabilitation, Veteran, ROTC, Army, Navy, other Military billing and payment programs, Native American Scholarship programs, and a variety of other scholarship and grant programs.
• Acts as liaison between the College and relevant external agencies, including various military agencies, Native American foundations and others.
• Maintains positive and accurate communications with internal constituents and outside entities. Processes cashier-related documentation (e.g., receipts), executes follow-up as appropriate, communicates billing, payments, and processes financial information via the Ellucian Banner, Nelnet/QuikPAY and HESC systems.
• Works with the Office of International Education - applies deferments as appropriate, assists with billing and payment collection and applications for students participating in Study Abroad, Washington Program, and other programs.
• Manages all aspects of third-party company reimbursements and outside scholarship billing and payment process: maintains positive communications with outside entities; processes billing documents, executes follow-up as appropriate, maintains deferrals on Banner student system (for third party reimbursements and outside scholarships), creates (Banner) financial aid budget(s) as appropriate.
• Executes all aspects of VESID billing and payment processes, which includes voucher maintenance, VESID office communications and correspondence, and responds to student/external questions in a professional manner.
• Performs student account refund processes: direct deposit refunds and advance deposit forfeitures.
• Administers Alternative Loan program funds, disburses to student accounts via electronic or manual processes.
• Produces professional and accurately written responses to customers: students, parents, internal and external agencies.
• Executes Federal Title IV Financial Aid Recalculation Processes (R2T4).
• Calculates and executes various Tuition Waiver programs.
• Serves as initial point of resolution for escalated Excelsior Scholarship Issues.
• Executes Federal Perkins Loan disbursement processes, including “returns".
• Executes Federal Nursing Loan(s) disbursement processes, including “returns”.
• Serves as Initial “Intake” and advises for NYS Tuition Residency applications.
• Serves as Initial “Intake” for College Tuition Refund committee.
• Executes all Facets of Financial Aid Loan declination processes.
• Advises and processes Study Abroad program advance deposits.
• Verifies, executes and reconciles Study Abroad program account adjustments.
• Approves and processes emergency loans and reconciles accounts.
• Updates and maintains the department web pages.
• Performs all tasks associated with opening and closing the office.
• Performs Ellucian/Banner, Nelnet and other system tests.
• Performs billing and collection activities; generates electronic billing statements and assessments of miscellaneous charges.
• Performs complex account analysis, and subsequent referrals of delinquent accounts to external collection agencies and/or New York State Office of the Attorney General in accordance with College, SUNY, state and federal guidelines.
• Analyzes payments associated with delinquent accounts, including reconciliation of NYS Tax Offset payments.
• Develops and executes special repayment agreements.
• Delivers, retrieves and distributes daily mail.
• Executes bank file transfers representing electronic check files.
• Documents OSAA operational processes using (OSAA) procedural templates; customizes designs as appropriate to fit procedures.
• Responds to emails delivered via the departmental email account.
One year as an Office Assistant 1 or one year of permanent service in clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher. Candidate must have permanent appointment in an Office Assistant 2 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2, full-time, Brockport location.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel and Word).
• Demonstrated customer service skills in a professional office or retail environment.
• Demonstrated cash handling experience in a professional office or retail environment.
• Demonstrated high-level communication skills.
• Ability to perform detailed transactions and adhere to complex rules and regulations.
• Experience in professional accounts receivable.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner or other student information systems.
• Experience with grants, scholarships or other billing functions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experience working with local, state or federal government agencies.
• Ability to work with diverse student population.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience in a Student Accounts or Accounting office.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by August 24, 2018.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by glear [2018-08-09]
Gloria Lear, firstname.lastname@example.org