Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness Employment Opportunity
Budget Title: Student Activities Associate
Campus Title: Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness
Salary Level: SL2
Minimum Salary: $41,500
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, the coordinator has primary responsibility for assisting with the management and supervision of the fitness and wellness programs, facilities, staff, and equipment and completing reports. This positon is a full-time, 12 month position and is available immediately.
• Plans, develops, promotes, implements, assesses and evaluates fitness and wellness events and programs related to the area of responsibility, including group fitness classes, individual and small group personal training, fitness assessments, health and wellness fairs, educational components, and other special events related to fitness and wellness.
• Develops and implements operating policies, procedures, standards, risk management procedures, manuals and training for the fitness and wellness programs.
• Provides support and oversees the development of 2 student supervisors, approximately 35 Fitness Center Attendants, 10 Certified Personal Trainers, and 15 Certified Group Fitness Instructors.
• Assists with establishing a long-term vision and strategic plan of college wellness initiatives.
• Remains abreast of National trends within the field of Health and Fitness in order to continually assess the needs of the college community.
• Fosters collaborative relationships with university constituents to develop an integrative approach to fitness and wellness programming.
• Assists with department, division and campus wide programs and initiatives such as Homecoming, commencement, and orientation.
• Manages annual budget of approximately $250,000, monitoring expenses, and developing revenue projection.
• Develops programming alternatives and additional sources of revenue production.
• Develops new programs and activities that serve students’ needs, fosters student learning, encourages and promotes diversity, and builds campus community, interest and pride.
• Develops marketing strategies, promotional materials and social media content in collaboration with Marketing and Communications graduate assistant and student staff to promote and publicize fitness, instructional and wellness programs.
• Serves on divisional and college-wide committees.
• Position requires working some weekend and evening hours.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Health Science, Recreation or related field accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Minimum of one year of professional experience or two years as a graduate assistant in fitness and wellness in a recreation facility
• Experience teaching group fitness classes and/or personal training
• Current certification in personal training or group exercise from a nationally recognized fitness organization (ACSM, NSCF, NASM, AFAA, ACE, NETA etc.)
• Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and relational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population
• Computer proficiency to prepare marketing information, budgets, reports, and programming materials
• Must be able to be First Aid, CPR/AED Instructor Certified within six months of employment
• Master’s Degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Health Science, Recreation Sport Management or related field accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Active member of the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) or equivalent in a closely related professional organization
• CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor certified
• Experience with membership based software
• Full-time experience working in a collegiate recreation setting
• Experience working with websites and software packages (IM Leagues, CollegiateLink, Fusion, Reach, SubItUP)
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on August 22. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494020 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2018-08-14]
Office of Human Resources, x2126