Assistant Professor – Biochemistry Employment Opportunity
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at The College at Brockport invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level to begin August 2019.
Assistant Professor – Biochemistry
The College at Brockport
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at The College at Brockport invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level to begin August 2019. The successful candidate will contribute to advanced courses in biochemistry, as well as the foundational chemistry curriculum, and maintain an active biochemistry research program involving undergraduates.
• Teach undergraduate lecture and laboratory courses in biochemistry, and additional chemistry courses in accordance with departmental needs.
• Maintain a productive research program in biochemistry that involves undergraduate students and is amenable to support by external funding.
• Participate in departmental service that includes mentoring and advising of students.
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry or closely related field, including candidates that will have their Ph.D. by August 1, 2019.
• Applicants who do not hold a Ph.D. need to provide convincing evidence that the degree will be conferred by August 1, 2019.
• Completed a postdoctoral experience
• Demonstrated effective undergraduate teaching
• Shown interest in developing teaching strategies to meet changing student needs
• Demonstrated research ability in biochemistry-related areas
• Included undergraduate students in previous research experiences
• Fostered an inclusive learning environment for students
• Display strong interpersonal skills
• Exhibit effective oral and written communication skills
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry graduates approximately 15 majors annually with a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry and has an ACS-approved Chemistry program. One way we prepare our students for successful professional careers is through engaging them in independent research experiences during both the academic year and summer months. Students and faculty have access to a comprehensive array of shared instrumentation as well as dedicated research space. For more information on these opportunities, instrumentation, and the department in general visit www.brockport.edu/chemistry.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, healthcare and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, and disability insurances.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by October 31, 2018. Interested candidates may apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit the following: 1.) Letter of application; 2.) CV; 3.) List of three professional references; 4.) Statement detailing research interests and plans; and, 5.) Statement of teaching philosophy. Letters of recommendation will be required of candidates selected for on-campus interviews.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2018-09-25]
Office of Human Resources, 395-2126