**FINAL REMINDER ** UUP / MC-13 – Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) for 2019
UUP and MC-13 – The PEP program allows eligible employees to exchange annual leave for a health insurance premium credit. See details.
TO: UUP and MC-13 Represented Employees
FROM: Kallee Quill, Benefits Administrator
DATE: October 16, 2018
RE: New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) 2019 Productivity Enhancement Program.
The Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) allows eligible employees to exchange previously accrued vacation leave in return for a credit to be applied towards their employee share of health insurance premiums on a biweekly basis.
The enrollment period for 2019 runs October 15, 2018, to November 16, 2018.
Below you will find the eligibility criteria and enrollment information broken down by union/bargaining unit.
*Note: Faculty excluded unless you have a 12-month obligation and accrue vacation.
Sick accruals may not be exchanged for this program.
The credit applied is $23.08/$46.15 per pay period OR the biweekly cost of the enrollee’s employee share NYSHIP contribution, whichever is less.
Part-time employees will be pro-rated accordingly based on work percentage.
UUP and MC-13 with an annual salary of $68,192 and below:
Full-time employees who enroll in this program forfeit a total of:
3 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit up to $600/$23.08 per check.
6 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit of up to $1200/$46.15 per check.
UUP and MC-13 earning more than $68,192 and below $97,448:
2 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit of up to $600/$23.08 per check.
4 days of annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit up to $1200/$46.15 per check.
• Be employed on a Calendar Year or College Year basis;
• Be a full-time employee with an annual salary below $97,448 OR part-time employee whose biweekly salary is within this salary range at the time of enrollment;
• Be an employee covered by the 2016-22 New York State/UUP Collective Bargaining Agreement or a SUNY MC employee;
• Be a NYSHIP enrollee (contract holder) in either the Empire Plan or an HMO;
• Be eligible to receive an employer contribution toward NYSHIP premiums (or be on leave without pay from a position in which the employee is normally eligible for an employer share contribution toward NYSHIP premiums); and
• Have a sufficient annual leave balance to make the full leave forfeiture without bringing their annual leave balance below 8 days or a prorated balance for part-time employees respectively
Please complete the form found below. Forms may be faxed to 585-395-5275 or mailed to the Benefits and Payroll Office. Alternatively, you may scan and send forms to the secure email address email@example.com.
posted by kequill [2018-10-16]
Kallee Quill, firstname.lastname@example.org