United University Professions (UUP) 2016/2017 Salary Increase and Retroactive Payment
The 2016-2022 Agreement between the State of New York and the United University Professions, provides a 2% increase added to base salary for 2016 and 2017.
The 2016/2017 salary increases are in process for eligible employees. The payments outlined below are for individuals who meet the following criteria:
2016 2% increase to base salary
• Payable to employees on payroll as of June 30, 2016 and September 5, 2018
• Employees not on payroll on June 30, 2016 who worked in the preceding and following academic years also eligible (i.e. adjuncts, part time coaches)
2017 2% increase to base salary
• Payable to employees on payroll as of June 30, 2017 and September 5, 2018
• Employees not on payroll on June 30, 2017 who worked in the preceding and following academic years also eligible (i.e. adjuncts, part time coaches)
50% of retroactive pay from the 2016 and 2017 increases will be included in the 11/28/2018 check
• The remaining 50% of retroactive pay will be paid in July 2019
UUP employees who wish to change their tax withholdings for the 11/28/18 check, may choose from two options to do so:
1) Paperless: Submit tax changes online by utilizing the self-service portal, NYS Payroll Online (see link below). Changes in allowances for the 11/28/18 check must be made between the dates of 11/9/18 through 11/16/18. Employees will be responsible for changing their allowances back to their normal status between the dates of 11/23/18 through 11/30/18 for the 12/12/18 check.
2) Submit paper tax forms to the Payroll Office and indicate at the top of the tax forms, “For 11/28/18 Check Only”. Completed paper tax forms must be turned in to the Payroll Office no later than 11/14/18.
UUP employees who wish to increase their 403b contribution must make any on-line changes through retirement@work no later than 11/14/18.
Information on additional contract payments will be communicated in a future announcement.
posted by mdemonte [2018-11-02]
Benefits & Payroll Office, 395-2126