Facilities Material & Services Coordinator Employment Opportunity
Internal Applicants Only
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Campus Title: Facilities Material & Services Coordinator
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $45,000
The Office of Facilities Administration at The College at Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Stores and Mail Operations Supervisor. Reporting to the Manager of Budget & Procurement, the successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the ordering of all materials and services, accurately and expeditiously, for Facilities employees and projects. Incumbent will be responsible for thousands of dollars in transactions monthly and will becoming the program expert for the department.
• Supervises 3 full time staff in Central Stores; an Office Assistant 2, an Office Assistant 1, and a Laborer.
• Orders materials and services accurately and expeditiously for Facilities employees and projects. This involves a large volume of transactions.
o Processes approximately 75 Visa transactions per month.
o Learns and maintains knowledge of prevailing wage rates for high per transaction limits.
o Obtains additional quotes for all orders including for equipment purchases.
o Completes monthly reconciliations for Visa p-cards.
o Compiles over 150 purchase requisitions, which includes over 50 blanket orders, timely and efficiently prior to fiscal year end.
o Places orders on blanket Purchase Orders and processes receiving paperwork and invoices to be sent to Procurement.
o Handles receiving paperwork for regular POs to send to Procurement.
o Learns and maintains knowledge of procurement rules and laws.
• Adheres to all NYS and SUNY procurement laws and policies.
• Learns and becomes the program expert for the Office of Central stores; answers questions and explains procedures.
• Prepares departmental deposits.
• Completes and coordinates Pesticide and Chemical certification license renewals.
• Contacts vendors for removal/exchange of dumpsters.
• Manages record keeping and filing systems for blanket order invoices, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders.
• Gathers, compiles and compares data for various reports for budgeting purposes.
• Has the ability to learn and maintain various computer systems.
• Investigates work problems to determine positive solutions.
• Manages and executes monthly departmental billing, which includes charges for automotive repairs, vehicle rentals, gasoline charges, furniture repairs, signs, Central Stores draws, cell tower rentals and cell tower utility charges.
• Oversees inventory control, stock orders, complete stock orders when Grade 9 is unavailable which increases number of transactions by 10-15 per week.
• Trains all new Facilities employees in procurement rules and procedures.
• Manages and maintains databases of VISA transactions and creates necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Minimum 3 years' experience in procurement practices
• Previous supervisory experience
• Ability to research products and services by analyzing data and identifying cost effective options
• Effective problem solving techniques and ability to make process improvement recommendations
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Committed to professional ethical standards
• Ability to handle large volume of work, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Experience coordinating, managing and resolving customer and supplier quality concerns in a timely and effective manner with long-term results
• Strong negotiation skills
• Financial awareness
• Proven experience leading cost-savings projects
Salary and Benefits
Excellent benefits package including paid health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement, and generous paid time off.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on December 3, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494076 in the search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2018-11-21]
The Office of Human Resources, 395-2126