Human Resources Associate Employment Opportunity
Internal Applicants Only
Budget Title: Personnel Associate
Campus Title: Human Resources Associate
Salary Level: SMP5
Minimum Salary: $51,000
The Office of Human Resources at The College at Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Human Resources Associate who will manage appointment and front end operations. This position handles the entry of professional, full-time faculty, and classified employment transactions, manages the front end operation and maintains the office’s website.
Appointment and Employment Transactions
• Reviews and processes a variety of employment transactions including new hires, reappointments, promotions, renewals, permanent and continuing appointments, paid and unpaid leaves, terminations, and summer session.
• Utilizes the applicant tracking system to review all requisitions and processes new and promoted employee transactions through the system.
• Works with departments to ensure paperwork is received on a timely basis and contains accurate information and necessary attachments.
• Provides appointment form preparation training to hiring managers and support staff across campus as needed.
• Provides departments with guidance in accordance with SUNY and union contract policies with regards to appointment.
• Provides backup to the Associate Director working with departments to ensure Board of Trustees Policies are understood and applied correctly.
• Assists Payroll staff with salary calculations.
• Oversees the initial review of academic employees’ portfolio packages for timeline and appointment form accuracy. Answers questions from employees, Chairs, and Deans regarding term renewals, promotions, and tenure.
• Ensures the Office Assistant 3 processes appointments in SUNYHR to ensure employee demographic data, appointment and reappointment dates, future actions, and salary information are properly entered and tracked in a variety of systems.
• Advises clerical staff on the appropriate contract letters to prepare. Modifies letter templates as needed for special situations.
• Manages all front end operations. Supervises the Office Assistant 3 and Office Assistant 2, who have responsibility for reception duties, calendaring, report requests, appointment transactions, and maintenance of personnel files.
Random Drug Testing
• Contacts hospital to scheduled random drug testing appointments. Notifies employee and supervisor that a random drug test has been scheduled.
• Tracks and monitors receipt of drug testing results.
• Maintains and updates the CDL list that requires a random drug test.
• Maintains the Human Resources website. Works with College Communications to create new pages, update pages and update forms/documents. Assists with updating pages for Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment and Affirmative Action as needed.
• Engages in appropriate professional development programs to remain current in the field and to be able to accurately advise employees.
• Works with highly confidential and sensitive information. Must ensure employee privacy and confidentiality is maintained to the extent possible.
• Maintains SUNY HR users listing and reports changes to SUNY System.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
• Excellent attention to detail, organization and problem solving skills
• Effective interpersonal skills to work with faculty, staff and students
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven record of personal integrity
• Knowledge of human resources obtained through academic coursework or professional work experience
• Experience working in Human Resources in higher education
• Supervisory experience
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary low to mid $50’s depending on experience. Excellent benefits package including paid health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement, and generous paid time off.
The department is home to the Offices of Affirmative Action, Human Resources, and Payroll. Our dedicated team of 17 staff work collaboratively and collegially across offices to support the recruitment, retention and engagement of the College’s workforce. We are committed to ethical and professional behavior and strive to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees to contribute to their well-being.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on December 3, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494176 in the search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2018-11-21]
The Office of Human Resources, 395-2126