2019 Health Insurance Premiums and Copays Released – Option Transfer, Opt-Out Program
Information on the 2019 Option Transfer Period and Opt Out Program is provided within the full story.
TO: All NYS Employees
FROM: Kallee Quill, Benefits Adminstrator
SUBJECT: 2019 Health Insurance Copays, Premiums, Option Change and Opt-Out
Option Transfer Period
The 2019 "Choices" and "Rates" information are now available. Information on the new health choices (co-payments) and health rates (premiums) are located on the Benefits webpage under the heading “Health Insurance”.
It is imperative you review your current coverage to ensure you wish to remain with your current plan after December 27, 2018
• Effective date of policy changes/new copayment schedules/new premium rates: December 27, 2018.
• First paycheck impacted by new premiums: December 26, 2018.
• If you are currently enrolled in Opt-Out and wish to continue, you MUST re-enroll for the 2019 plan year. Please see note below if you are a UUP represented employee
• UUP represented employees are no longer eligible for Opt-Out effective the 2019 plan year. If they wish to enroll in a different plan, they must do so during the annual option transfer period or be subject to a five pay period wait.
• If you do not wish to change health insurance policies no action is required.
• If you are not currently covered under a New York State Health Insurance Plan you cannot simply enroll without a waiting period. Please contact Human Resources for further information.
• Check with any doctors you wish to retain a relationship with to ensure they accept your new insurance plan before you change carriers.
Below you will find links to:
• The full Choices and Rates Booklets
• Local Plan Information summaries
• Instructions on completing carrier change requests using both the “traditional” method and the new self-service MyNYSHIP method
• Provider search tools
• Health Transaction form (PS-404) and the Opt-out Program attestation form (PS-409)
Eligible employees* who have other employer sponsored group health insurance may opt out of their NYSHIP coverage in exchange for an incentive payment. The incentive payment is $1,000 for waiving Individual coverage or $3,000 for waiving Family coverage on an annual basis. The incentive payments will be prorated and reimbursed through your biweekly paycheck throughout the year (payable only when an employee is on the payroll). Note: The payments will be taxable income.
Enrollment in the Opt-out Program does not continue automatically from year to year. If you are enrolled in the Opt-out Program for 2018, to be eligible to continue receiving incentive payments in 2019, you must reenroll during the Option Transfer Period and attest to having other coverage for the coming plan year. (You may not opt out to go without health insurance coverage.)
* Please note: UUP represented employees are no longer eligible for Opt-Out effective the 2019 plan year. If they wish to enroll in a different plan, they must do so during the annual option transfer period or be subject to a five pay period wait.
• Must currently participate in Opt Out
• Be enrolled in NYSHIP (Blue Choice, Empire, MVP etc.) since 4/1/18 or date of hire
• Remain enrolled in NYSHIP through the end of this plan year
All changes must be requested by 1/18/2019. It is recommended that any carrier change requests be sent to the Office of Human Resources or processing them through MyNYSHIP as soon as possible. It can take several pay periods before your records are updated in all effected systems.
Requests must be received by noon on 12/14/18 in order to be processed prior to shutdown. You may fax requests to 585-395-5275. You may scan and email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Requests received after shutdown with a signature date on or prior to 1/18/19 will be honored.
Please note: Copies of the Summary of Benefits and Coverage as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) can be obtained by calling 877-769-7447 to request a copy, or by visiting the link below to print a copy.
posted by kequill [2018-12-11]
- 2019 Local Premiums
- 2019 Health Insurance Choices Booklet
- 2019 Health Insurance Choices Supplemental Booklet for CSEA and UUP
Kallee Quill, email@example.com, Fax: 395-5275