Employment Opportunity – Secretary 1 – Office of Alumni Engagement
Office of Alumni Engagement; Secretary 1; Full-Time, Contingent Permanent; Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; Line #:00231; Starting Salary: $40,324.
To be an eligible applicant you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
The secretary provides vital support to the Director of Alumni Engagement and the Alumni Engagement team, in achieving the Advancement Division mission of building a culture of philanthropy and engagement.
• Establishes office procedures and coordinates administrative duties.
• Manages administrative duties for the Brockport Alumni Association.
• Coordinates travel for the Director of Alumni Engagement and other staff within Advancement on an on-going basis.
• Manages the Director of Alumni Engagement’s calendar, and schedules on and off-campus meetings for the Alumni Engagement staff.
• Serves as the first contact, and responds when appropriate, to alumni, faculty, staff, parents, students, community members, and Foundation Board members.
• Collaborates with the Advancement team on division-wide projects.
• Supports the alumni staff by managing and tracking volunteers, both by correspondence and face to face.
• Prepares alumni congratulatory and recognition correspondence for the Director.
• Prepares outgoing correspondence to families of deceased alumni, emeriti and friends.
• Formulates mail merges for a multitude of mailings.
• Supports alumni staff with both on and off-campus events and programming: coordinates invites, initiates attendance, manages registration, creates post-event follow-up summary, and tracks outcomes.
• Processes all incoming and outgoing mail for the office and coordinates the monthly birthday card program.
• Researches program information and event venues for alumni and donor events.
• Supervises and schedules work study students.
• Processes data updates and maintenance in Banner.
• Processes data updates and maintenance in alumni engagement tools (iModules, Graduway, and other content management systems).
• Manages the alumni budget and bill processing.
• Assists in coding advancement events, volunteers, and alumni contact reports in Banner.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in a Secretary 1 NY State classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list for Secretary 1, Full Time - Brockport location.
• Knowledge of the Banner system.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• Proficient in preparing business letters, memos, etc..
• Proficient with email and Content Management System.
• Ability to work in a fast paced office setting.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse workplace.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by January 18, 2019.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by glear [2019-01-03]
Gloria Lear, firstname.lastname@example.org