Employment Opportunity - Secretary 2 - Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources, Secretary 2, Full-Time, Permanent, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Line #:15059.
To be an eligible candidate for this position you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications listed below.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, the Secretary 2 provides principal administrative support in support of the Offices of Human Resources, Payroll and Affirmative Action. Providing administrative support to staff including the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, Associate Directors of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Officer, and the Employee Relations Specialist, this position support and enhances the effectiveness of the core management staff. This position maintains and coordinates administrative support operations within the office including managing all budgets, appointment processing, student supervision, and carrying out significant day-to-day administrative support activities central to accomplishing the work of the offices.
• Manages the calendars of the AVP for Human Resources, both HR Associate Directors, the Affirmative Action Officer, the Employee Relations Specialist, and the HR Monthly Calendar.
o Uses independent judgment to ensure the leadership team remains responsive, timely and accessible to the campus community.
• Manages, monitors and reconciles Human Resources, Payroll and Affirmative Action budgets including the HR Budget, Campus-Wide Training, ADA Compliance, Staff On-Boarding, Affirmative Action, Payroll, BASC, Annual Employee Picnic, Employee Health and Wellness, Human Resources – Posting, College Recognition Dinner and Training Workshops accounts.
• Coordinates and completes recruitment and selection paperwork associated with HR appointments.
• Prepares more than 1500 offer contract, prior service approval, renewal, separation and status change letters. Exercises independent judgement to determine letter content and details.
o Distributes appropriate copies of appointment forms and/or contract letters to employees, appropriate campus community members, and HR staff (Benefits, Payroll, Personnel files).
• Prepares UUP Professional Request for Promotion and/or Salary Increase Excel spreadsheet including application information and tracks application statuses. Prepares and mails determination letters.
• Uses the EagleEmploy applicant tracking system to manage applicant statuses, prepares and distributes new employee contract letters, and monitors applicant activity. Responds to EagleEmploy process questions and concerns from staff and new employees.
• Manages the hiring process, supervision and training of student workers including preparing their work schedules and approving their timesheets. Monitors Student Work Study account balances. Assigns work study hours to each office and tracks student hours throughout the academic year.
• Coordinates and organizes campus-wide training events, contacts and schedules internal and external speakers, trainers and representatives, determines catering menus, coordinates and schedules dates, rooms and equipment, arranges travel for external trainers and prepares all necessary paperwork.
• Arranges, coordinates and processes travel and training registrations and requirements for all Human Resources, Affirmative Action and Payroll/Benefits staff. Makes hotel reservations, processes individual credit card transactions, completes personalized schedules for conferences, and reserves vehicles. Creates attendee folders for each travel arrangement which includes tax exempt forms, maps, agendas and schedules. Receives receipts for all travel expenses and processes travel vouchers and mileage forms for reimbursement. Manages and tracks professional development training for all Human Resources, Affirmative Action, and Payroll/Benefits staff.
• Gathers data relevant to complex or unusual inquiries in order to provide a basis for a reply or a decision and/or draft the reply. (i.e., Researches problems and gathers all necessary information to answer questions raised. Decides which program staff must be consulted to verify information. Traces transactions as far back as necessary to insure that all collected information is accurate. Prepares response to correspondence and submits to manager for review.)
• Responds to questions concerning programs, policies and procedures. Refers most complex technical questions to the appropriate staff. (i.e., learns and maintains significant knowledge of program areas to respond instantly to a variety of procedural and policy questions. In cases where more detailed answers are required or background-information is needed, researches problems completely with the program staff. If questions are very technical and require interpretation of the program area, refers phone calls or visitors to the correct program staff.)
• Suggests new or revised procedures based on personal observations of the need for procedural changes or modifications in the office. Develops, maintains and updates an office procedure manual. Reviews forms used by the organizational units within HR and suggests changes and drafts new forms.
• Reviews outgoing correspondence for proper grammatical usage, clarity, factual correctness, compliance with policy, program information and conformance to instructions. Ensures that the appropriate background material is attached.
• Designs, sets up and maintains electronic and paper files of correspondence/documents, codes and files material, searches for requested material and periodically purges obsolete materials for storage in records center or for disposal.
• Records and distributes minutes for several highly confidential departmental, policy and committee meetings each week.
• Completes special projects and tasks as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources.
• Inventories supplies and equipment for Human Resources, Affirmative Action, Payroll and campus wide programs such as Leadership Development. Communicates with vendors, and obtains quotes when necessary.
• Facilitates all work orders on behalf of the Offices of Human Resources, Payroll, and Affirmative Action.
• Manages and completes Property Control / Audit for the Office of Human Resources, Affirmative Action and Payroll. Responsible for inventorying all state owned equipment purchased, reported and valued at less than $5,000. Checks and compares control, model and serial numbers with spreadsheet provided by the state and logs items accounted. For items that no longer exist, prepares reports categorizing if the items are missing, stolen, surpluses or transferred to another department. Surplus items require additional paperwork and record keeping.
• Serves as the backup to the Office Assistant 2 to perform such duties as answering the phones, greeting visitors, ordering general office supplies, and processing new employee paperwork and pending files.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in a Secretary 2 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service canvass list for Secretary 2 - Brockport location.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by January 23, 2019.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by glear [2019-01-08]
Gloria Lear, firstname.lastname@example.org