Blackboard Collaborate has Migrated to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Attention Collaborate Users: If you previously used Blackboard Collaborate to connect with your online students, you will love the features and flexibility of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a web conferencing tool that allows faculty to synchronously communicate, online, with students anywhere in the world. Collaborate Ultra is browser-based and does not require a separate launcher application like Collaborate Classic.
Bb Collaborate Ultra offers similar features as Collaborate Classic, but also allows for:
• Multiple sessions for small groups, tutors, and office hours
• Guest access to sessions (with a guest link)
• Participation access from a tablet or smart phone via the Blackboard app
Please note: if you have a Blackboard Collaborate link in your course, you will need to refresh your course and update it with a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra tool link.
Steps to do this:
1. With edit mode on, navigate to (+) Add Menu Item in the left navigation
2. Select Tool Link
3. Click on the chevron to select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
4. Provide a name to this tool link (e.g. Blackboard Collaborate Ultra or Office Hours)
5. Make the link available to users
If you have questions, or would like to schedule some time with an instructional designer, please reach out to CourseDesign@Brockport.edu
posted by jthompson [2019-01-10]