UUP Sponsored NARCAN Training
UUP is sponsoring a NARCAN Training that is free and open to all UUP members. This training is being given by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
UUP Sponsored NARCAN Training is taking place on Thursday, February 14th. There are three sessions available with a cap of 40 people per session.
Session 1: 9-10:30 am
Session 2: Noon-1:30 pm
Session 3: 2:30-4 pm
All workshops will be held in the Eagles Lookout.
Naloxone has been fundamental in the efforts to decrease rates of fatal overdoses. This training teaches first responders, likely opioid overdose witnesses and community members to understand, recognize, respond to and reverse suspected opioid overdoses using naloxone. Participants will learn ways to obtain free or low-cost naloxone for personal use. This training is modeled after the evidence-based SAMHSA Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit.
Training objectives include:
• to increase understanding and awareness of fatal overdoses related to opioids and the impact within the community
• to identify risk factors for an overdose
• to be able to recognize a suspected overdose
• to be able to identify the five essential steps for first responders as outlined in the SAMHSA Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit in the event of an overdose
• to be able to correctly use naloxone to save lives
• to understand how to access the Naloxone Co-payment Assistance Program (NCAP) to obtain free or low-cost naloxone.
To RSVP for the workshop, please email, Brittany Profit-Rheinwald email@example.com with your desired workshop time no later that Friday, February 8th.
posted by bprofitr [2019-01-29]
Brittany Profit-Rheinwald, firstname.lastname@example.org