Operations Manager Employment Opportunity
Campus Title: Operations Manager
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $57,500
The College at Brockport is accepting applications for an Operations Manager in the Office of Student Accounts & Accounting. Reporting to the Director of Student Accounts and Accounting, the Operations Manager is responsible for providing effective, professional supervision to 6 direct reports; ensuring front-line/front-office operation is successfully executed to ensure benchmark customer service; executing complex student account-related transactions, analysis and resolution; and responding to escalated customer issues.
• Provides effective supervision to all direct reports and ensures that responsibilities associated with each direct report’s position are executed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Ensures front-line/front-office operation is successfully executed to ensure benchmark customer service.
• Holds weekly meetings with direct reports, helps establish priorities, reviews prior week activities, addresses concerns, and provides guidance regarding areas of weakness.
• Serves as a professional mentor to all direct reports.
• Prepares and reviews weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual Performance Programs and Evaluations for each direct report. Serves as initial counsel for staff questions and concerns, and resolves staff issues.
• Supports direct reports with any issues pertaining to students and parents; resolves issues in a courteous and professional manner and remains compliant with all College, SUNY, NYS and federal policies and regulations.
• Learns and maintains a developed understanding of all policies, rules and regulations encompassing all departmental responsibilities. Ensures that all direct reports learn, understand and comply with all policies, rules and regulations.
• Learns and maintains a developed understanding of state and federal rules, regulations and audit requirements, and assists in developing the staff’s knowledge.
• Prepares weekly staffing schedule, ensures appropriate and adequate coverage for service counter, phone, mail, office open & closing, etc.
• Reviews and approves leave time requests in accordance with departmental policy.
• Serves as primary back-up for phone and counter coverage.
• Creates and analyzes weekly statistical reports for phone/counter service, financial aid-related questions, Excelsior Scholarship questions and Commencement Fee questions.
• Responds to questions on Campus departments; 3-1-3 students/programs, Batavia High School, and like-minded programs; external organizations seeking College partnerships, tuition payment programs, and specialized billing.
• Executes daily bank deposit (representing previous day cash drawers).
• Serves as the departmental refund specialist; executes daily Banner auto-refunding processes as term dates allow, researches and resolves discrepancies, coordinates manual refunds, refunds all Nelnet online refunds for both OSAA and relevant campus departments. Also performs all refund-related system testing, manages account adjustments and refunds, processes late fees, commencement fees and other student account charges.
• Assesses student account holds, and creates and disseminates hold warnings.
• Processes all International and Global Education (OAP) “Acceptance Fees” within one business day of receipt; identifies and resolves any issues.
• Executes OAP Acceptance Fee refunds.
• Completes and returns Canadian student tax forms within one business day of submission.
• Coordinates Banner testing for all direct reports.
• Performs Banner, Nelnet and other system testing; compiles and communicates testing results to the Director of Student Accounts and Accounting.
• Administers the College’s (student) Emergency Loan program which includes review and approval of applications, awards of loans and reconciliation of funds.
• Processes appropriate department funds transfers within Banner.
• Serves as exclusive campus liaison to Brink’s armored car service.
• Serves as primary liaison between the bank and all College departmental funds transfers with the Banner system.
• Monitors and implements regulatory changes as appropriate.
• Troubleshoots terminal issues; learns terminal related changes, and secures new terminals and merchant ID’s.
• Procures banking supplies (deposit bags, locked bags, deposit tickets, etc.) for all departments.
• Serve as departmental (Banner) imaging coordinator and trainer. Images and indexes documents as directed.
• Executes revisions to department’s webpage; regularly reviews webpage to ensure accuracy and relevance.
• Coordinates coverage for summer Orientation Fair(s) and semi-annual Admissions Open Houses.
• Coordinates departmental phone queue changes, revises phone queue messages as appropriate, performs office “opening” and “closing” functions as assigned and executes student “Housing Form” verifications.
• Independently monitors/responds to departmental “Ask Ellsworth” and other inquiry/email accounts; revises standard responses to reflect current policy/procedure.
• Counsels students in regards to financial obligations and options, accepts and processes student account payments by cash, personal check, credit card and electronically.
• Reviews, interprets and tests information listed on student accounts, and communicates that information to students and families in a professional manner.
• Adheres to and supports all departmental and College policies.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized college or university.
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated professional supervisory experience.
• Professional cash handling experience.
• Professional experience reconciling complex account activity.
• Proficiency in computer applications and the aptitude to learn new technology.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• Ability to work in a team environment and follow leadership directives.
• Experience working in Student Accounts within higher education.
• Knowledgeable in state and federal Department of Education cash regulations.
• Professional technical experience with third-party vendors specializing in higher education solutions.
• Professional experience with NYS HESC programs.
The Office of Student Accounts and Accounting is responsible for the collection and accounting of student educational charges. Staff process and distribute federal, state, and privately funded financial aid funds, and administer an installment payment plan for students. The office is committed to the ideals of service excellence and have developed internal policies and processes with the intent of enabling students to achieve academically without undue concern over finances.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on February 11, 2019. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494177 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by mmorey [2019-02-01]
Office of Human Resources, x2126