Brockport to Host SUNY Conference on "University Technology Transfer & Commercialization"
March 9, 2019 8:30 am
This one-day conference is designed to contribute to the development and dissemination of knowledge on transferring and commercializing university technology to foster innovation and entrepreneurship on college campuses. Open to all faculty, students, and
The "University Technology Transfer & Commercialization: Incentive, Infrastructure and Impact" conference is sponsored by the SUNY "Conversations in the Disciplines" grant. College President Dr. Heidi Macpherson will provide the welcome speech for this one-day event that will take place at the Eagle’s Lookout on Saturday, March 9, 2019 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The organizing committee consisting of faculty from the Schools of Business & Management and Arts & Sciences has invited a group of high-profile panelists and keynote speakers from the NSF, SUNY Research Foundation, various universities (Buffalo, Cornell, Geneseo, Johns Hopkins, Oswego, Rochester, RIT, Toronto) and founders with expertise in health care and software to discuss the following topics:
1) SUNY Invention Policy and Initiatives to encourage university innovation and entrepreneurship.
2) Best Practices in University Entrepreneurship & Technology Transfer, including effective operations of university technology and entrepreneurship centers and cultivating an innovative and entrepreneurial culture on campuses.
3) An information session on National Science Foundation I-Corps Node training program, designed to advance early stage commercialization of products in the STEM field developed by university students and faculty.
4) An expert panel consisting of startup founders to discuss “Founding Dos and Don’ts”.
5) An action-oriented Entrepreneurial Development Activity Workshop to foster entrepreneurial thinking and creative solutions with small prizes given to winning participants.
Breakfast, breakouts and lunches are also included with a registration fee of $30 (if registered by 2/28/19) or $35 (if by 3/9/19).
Please register using the link below.
Limited grants are available to cover registration fees of Brockport students. Advanced registration is required. Please contact Dr. Lerong He if you are a student of the School of Business & Management or the School of Education, Health, and Human Services and Dr. Sandeep Mitra if you are a student of the School of Arts & Science.
posted by aarnone [2019-02-05]
Dr. Lerong He, email@example.com & Sandeep Mitra, firstname.lastname@example.org
Events & Activities