Plant Utilities Assistant - Facilities and Planning - Employment Opportunity
Plant Utilities Assistant, Monday - Friday, 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, Full-Time, Contingent/Permanent, Line #: 00371
To be an eligible candidate for this position you must meet Minimum Qualifications listed below.
Assists in the operation, repair & maintenance of stationary equipment & systems including heat pumps, gas fired hot water heaters, back-flow devices, pumps, boilers, fans, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing & other auxiliary systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance duties such as filter changing, water treatment testing, lubricating rotating equipment, assist with cleaning boilers, changing gaskets, reading meters, and ice rink equipment operation and service.
• Assists with plumbing & sheet metal repairs, & alteration projects, where repairs may be overhead or in trenches.
• Works both inside and outside, and/or extended hours as operational needs dictate.
• Possesses a valid New York State Driver License, Class D or above (other than a motorcycle license); this is verified through the NY State Department of Motor Vehicles. This enables employee to pick up and deliver tools & equipment used in normal maintenance activities.
• Works both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as needed to support the 24/7 utility responsibilities of the group. Contact numbers must be available.
• Has at least one-year experience with Building Management Systems and Direct Digital Controls (DDC).
• Demonstrates experience and understanding of multi-meters for electrical testing.
• Possesses good interpersonal skills, ability to work with others/team – customer service attitude.
• Has a working knowledge of the operation of hot water boilers, steam boilers & auxiliary boiler room equipment, along with a working knowledge of methods, materials & tools used in the routine maintenance & repair of boilers, auxiliary boiler room & associated electrical & mechanical equipment (e.g. multi-meter).
• Operates a variety of hand and power tools, and motorized equipment for extended periods of time.
• Climbs, stoops, and does moderate to heavy lifting.
• Reads and understands MSDS & equipment operating manuals, and understands & carries out written & oral instructions.
• Works as a team member and communicates well with others.
• Works well with members of a diverse college community in a professional manner through telephone and direct contact.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in a Plant Utilities Assistant SG 09 NY State classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service eligible list (evening shift) for Plant Utilities Assistant - Full Time, Brockport location.
See link to job standard, for complete list of minimum qualifications: https://www.cs.ny.gov/tsplan/tsp_display2.cfm?specCode=7520010F
How to apply:
Please submit your application at jobs.brockport.edu by February 25, 2019.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
posted by aarnone [2019-02-11]
Gloria Lear, firstname.lastname@example.org