March – PDF Month for Blackboard Ally for Windows & Mac Computers
Blackboard’s Ally is active with red, orange and green gauges attached to your course content items. We have found that many PDF’s are in the RED, it’s an easy fix. See how to improve scores.
Making PDF’s Accessible
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format that provides an electronic image of text or text and graphics that looks like a printed document and can be viewed, printed, and electronically transmitted.
You may have found that many – if not all – of your PDF documents in Blackboard have a red or orange gauge indicating they are not accessible. There is a simple solution to converting PDF documents.
• Contact the Help Desk at 395-5151 ,or Submit a ticket in Service Now, to request Adobe Acrobat Pro be installed on your computer
• Once installed
1. Launch Adobe Acrobat Pro>Open the file> Select Tools>Enhance Scans>Recognize Text and wait until the text recognition is done
2. Then select View > Tools > Accessibility from the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC menu to show the pane
3. Lastly, select Full Check and follow the on-screen prompts
• After the check has been done, save the file and re-upload it to Blackboard
• ***Please note, it is the faculty members responsibility to adhere to all copyright guidelines pertaining to course content – questions on copyright should be directed to the Library
• Library Databases do not violate copyright permissions or accessibility concerns
• To acquire, or link to a database copy of book chapters or articles, contact the library and Ask Drake! https://brockport.libanswers.com/form.php?queue_id=2787
1. Select Online Class Resources in Question Topic
2. Type the citation in the Question field
• You can also search the library databases by visiting Blackboard & Library Content -> Link Resources for Off-Campus Use (http://library.brockport.edu/proxy)
• Follow the Proxy Prefix Tool on how to document the resource in your course
posted by aarnone [2019-02-28]