Using OER in Your Courses
Faculty are encouraged to adopt Open Educational Resources (OER) this year as part of the SUNYwide initiative to keep textbook costs affordable.
Brockport is participating in SUNY-wide initiative providing incentives for faculty adopting open educational resources (OER). The program is designed to keep costs affordable, particularly in high enrollment courses. $300 in professional development funding is deposited in the Faculty Scholarship Account for the instructor of each course, after meeting with a librarian and submitting a revised OER syllabus. Both full time and adjunct faculty are eligible.
Brockport OER faculty requirements:
1. A majority (at least 51%) of course materials are OER
2. Commit to using OER in the course for three years
3. Participate in pre- and post- surveys of students and faculty regarding OER use
4. Complete an OER Course Development form to receive the incentive.
2017-19 SUNY/CUNY OER Program impact to date (3/2019):
• 250,000 students
• 7,000 #OER courses
• 9 OER degrees (10 more on the way)
• $25 million avoided in costs in 2 years
Interested in learning more? Visit our webpage below.
posted by morzech [2019-08-14]
M. J. Orzech, email@example.com, 395-2141