Mon, Feb 19, 2018 — 3:03 am
Mail and Parcel Delivery
As a result of the College being closed for two weeks to conserve energy, services offered by the Departments of Mailing Services and Central Receiving will be curtailed. This year’s shutdown period will be from December 16, 2017, through January 1, 2018.
To ensure that faculty, staff, and student time-sensitive mail needs are met, the services detailed below will be offered:
1. Campus deliveries will not take place, for Mailing Services or Central Receiving, during the two-week shutdown period but we encourage interested individuals and/or departments to pick up sorted United States Postal Mail at the Mailing Services area on the ground floor of the Allen Administration Building.
• Mail pick up will be available between the hours of 10 am until 11 am on the following dates:
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Friday, December 22, 2017
Tuesday, December 26, 2017
Friday, December 29, 2017
• Entrance to the Allen Administration Building will be available at the back loading dock door during the above dates and times.
• Central Receiving will not be open during the shutdown.
2. Outgoing Mail Options:
• As a result of temperature sensitive equipment not being operational, we are not able to offer the metering of outgoing mail during this time period.
• All time-sensitive outgoing mail and parcels must be delivered to Mailing Services or Central Receiving no later than 2 pm on Friday, December 15, 2017.
• During the shutdown period, pre-stamped outgoing mail may be dropped off at Mailing Services for delivery to the Post Office. This service will be available only on the dates outlined above.
• For individual, urgent, off-campus mailings, departments may purchase stamps and/or drop off packages at a US Post Office branch using a Citibank Procurement Card as the preferred method of payment.
Mailing Services and Central Receiving will reopen for full services on January 2, 2018, at 7:30 am.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact John Carlson at x2980 or email@example.com for Mailing Services and Steven Sheffield at x2407 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Central Receiving questions.