Tue, Sep 25, 2018 — 9:20 am
Outstanding Service Award Nominations Being Accepted
Nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Outstanding Employee Awards. These awards recognize the excellent service of employees to the College and its students. The awards will be presented at the College Recognition Dinner in May.
As in the past, the awards are given in two categories: Outstanding Service to the College and Outstanding Service to Students. A maximum of eight (8) awards will be given. The recipients will be selected from employees in four areas: plant maintenance and operations, office support personnel, professional employees, and faculty.
Two criteria are common to both categories:
1. A minimum of two years of full-time or part-time employment at the College prior to receipt of the award; and
2. A current position at the College as a State employee, BASC employee, or Research Foundation employee.
The Service to the College awards will also be judged on a demonstrated and consistently outstanding performance in job-related responsibilities. The Service to Students awards will also be judged on a demonstrated and consistently outstanding performance to students outside the classroom.
Please note the following requirements:
1. Each nominee should be nominated by at least two current employees who complete nominating letters and coordinate submission of a complete nomination file.
2. Each file must contain two (2) nominating letters, a minimum of two (2) supporting letters (not including nominators’ letters) and at least one (1) student letter if the nomination is for Service to Students.
3. The nominee’s supervisor must sign the nomination form.
*Please note: The committee will use its discretion to determine if an employee who has applied for Service to Students is unable to provide a letter of support from a student due to the nature of their job. However, if the employee does have direct student interaction, a letter of support is necessary.
Employees or students may nominate an individual for an award in any category by providing the above-mentioned evidence and documents. All nominations should be sent directly to Kallee Quill in the Office Human Resources by February 23, 2018, at 4 pm.
Nomination forms are available by accessing the following webpage: www.brockport.edu/hr/forms (under Miscellaneous). See link below.