Tue, Sep 25, 2018 — 9:20 am
ANNUAL FIRE CODE COMPLIANCE INSPECTION NOTICE
The State Fire Inspector will be on the Brockport campus on Monday, March 12th to conduct the annual fire code compliance inspection. Below are some tips for keeping your work area safe and fire code compliant:
• Use only power strips that have a reset button or switch and are UL listed (will have a “UL” printed on them);
• Use extensions cords for temporary uses only. Unplug them after you are finished using them;
• Maintain at least 18 inches of clearance between flammable materials and the ceiling;
• Keep the space around office and classroom doors clear so that doors open completely and occupants can enter and exit safely;
• Keep the space around fire extinguishers clear;
• Avoid using doorstops to hold open fire-rated doors. A properly operating fire door is a key component to stop the spread of fire and smoke;
• Maintain 3 feet of clearance on all sides of and in front of electrical panels; and
• Do not block emergency doors and exits.
Please review your own work area in advance of this inspection. Thank you for your assistance.
If you have any questions, please contact the Environmental Health & Safety Office at 395-2495.
Facilities service requests can be submitted at the link below.