Thu, Aug 16, 2018 — 12:56 am
Systems Administrator Employment Opportunity
Budget Title & Salary Level: Senior Programmer Analyst, SL4
Campus Title: Systems Administrator
Starting Salary: $70,000 minimum
The Systems Administrator will perform a variety of technical and administrative work in the operation, maintenance and delivery of computing services to the College. The position is responsible for daily management tasks including: Installation and administration of Linux Servers and related software and services, monitoring, upgrades, patch management and production change control; data backup and restoration for physical and virtual servers.
• Oversees all aspects of systems administration, including system configuration, installation and management, and monitoring; performance tuning; diagnostics and troubleshooting; user support coordination; and backup and storage management on physical and virtual Linux servers in the College data centers and in hosted environments.
• Ensures servers adhere to standards, policies and procedures establish by the organization and vendors.
• Maintains responsibility for patching and security on Linux systems.
• Creates scripts utilizing Bash, Perl, PowerShell or similar.
• Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
• Engages in professional development activities to remain current in the field.
• Flexibility to work off hours and weekends when scheduled.
• Serves on various campus committees, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized institution
• Experience installing, configuring and managing Linux systems in a production environment
• Experience with server virtualization (preferably VMware)
• Experience with administrating storage, file sharing and NAS solutions
• Experience maintaining and monitoring server backups with enterprise backup solutions
• Knowledge of authentication, authorization and identity tools (e.g., LDAP, Active Directory, Shibboleth, …).
• Knowledge of scripting in Bash, Perl, PowerShell or similar
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from an accredited US Dept of Education or internationally recognized institution
• Experience installing, configuring and managing Windows Servers in a production environment
• Experience installing, configuring and managing Apache and/or MySQL/ PostgreSQL in a production environment
• Knowledge of common network concepts, protocols and tools
• Experience and ability to work within change management systems
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Internal applicants are given first preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 493950 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.