Sat, Aug 18, 2018 — 3:13 am
IT Help Desk Manager Employment Opportunity
Budget Title & Salary Level: Lead Programmer Analyst, SL3
Campus Title: IT Service Desk Manager
Starting Salary: $60,000 minimum
The IT Service Desk Manager will supervise the IT Service Desk and will provide support for a wide array of technologies used at the College. As part of Technology Support Services, the successful incumbent will work towards improving first-call resolution, customer satisfaction, and technology support. Position requires some flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to provide coverage.
• Provides technical support to faculty, staff, and students in a timely and professional manner via self-service portal, telephone, and in person.
• Managers, schedules, trains and mentors student employees to provide technical assistance to campus constituents. Ensures that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours.
• Ensures proper client system operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate.
• Provides appropriate communications and turnover for long running incidents as needed.
• Provides backup to other Technology Support Services technicians such as desktop support for computer hardware and software and new user laptop and desktop setup with company standard software.
• Tracks, services, and fixes problems that occur with laptops/desktops/cell phones/printers/accessories.
• Coordinates with service providers repairs of broken devices.
• Works closely with Systems & Networking to support application, server, and networking requirements.
• Provides IT training to faculty and staff acting as the liaison between the IT service desk and campus departments providing IT related orientation to new faculty/staff.
• Offers training on new IT initiatives.
• Implements, updates, and optimizes IT Service Desk Systems.
• Supports Knowledge Management processes through article creation and review.
• Creates job procedure documentation and workflow.
• Tests, fixes and enhances in the ServiceNow, Bomgar, and Cisco Finesse environments.
• Identifies needs related to student training, documentation, and technical issues.
• Conducts training and awareness sessions and trains new student staff members in service desk operating procedures.
• Participates in professional careers activities such as workshops, seminars, and training.
• Participates in activities that support the College including staff meetings, committees and related activities.
• Creates and updates documentation related to technology support.
• Manages walk-up desk.
• Designs and creates reports.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized institution
• Recent experience in technical support or IT Help Desk operation
• Service desk, phone support, and remote support experience
• Troubleshooting and problem solving capability
• Demonstrated commitment to learn and stay updated in technology skills/knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication ability
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Customer service experience
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• MAC support experience
• In-Depth knowledge of MS Office 2013 or higher
• Service Now experience
• Knowledge of ITIL 2011 standards
• Experience with scheduling
• Office 365 admin experience
• Experience with Course Management Software
• Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to work in team based environment dedicated to support, service and student success
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Internal applicants are given first preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 493876 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.