Sat, Sep 22, 2018 — 4:46 am
Registered Nurse Employment Opportunity
The College at Brockport
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Campus Title: Registered Nurse
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Starting Salary: $52,000
Work Hours: Academic Year: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
July and August, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
11 month position with the month of June off
Share in weekend coverage as needed including working Graduation and Welcome
Reporting to the Clinic Coordinator, the position provides direct nursing care to College at Brockport students and performs the following major responsibilities:
• Provides direct nursing care to patients, including follow up, and family communication as necessary.
• Provides onsite supervision and input into evaluations of student employees.
• Ensures an excellent learning environment for Brockport undergraduate nursing students and other trainees.
• Manages the clinic inventory including evaluating the needs and costs of equipment/supplies and follows all applicable purchasing guidelines.
• Evaluates the schedule and clinic flow and communicates patient needs with providers.
• Adheres to the legal and ethical standards of New York State and the nursing profession.
• Assists in the maintenance of pharmaceutical information. Provides input into formulary recommendations.
• Participates in the entire office operation providing backup for the triage nurse or front desk staff and performs administrative tasks as needed.
• Participates in outreach and health promotion activities.
• Engages in campus community service as requested.
• Works collaboratively with Health, Counseling, Prevention Services, and Residential Life staff.
• Shares in weekend coverage as needed, including, but not limited to, Graduation and Welcome Weekend.
• Associate's Degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Valid New York State license as a Registered Nurse
• Minimum of 1 year nursing experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Experience in ambulatory setting, emergency room or home care setting
• BLS certification
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Ability to handle personal situations in a sensitive and respectful manner
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on August 2, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494016 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.