Sat, Sep 22, 2018 — 4:46 am
Multimedia Producer Employment Opportunity
Budget Title: Assistant Director of Community Relations
Campus Title: Multimedia Producer
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $48,000
The Multimedia Producer will assist the Office of College Communications as it seeks to tell The College at Brockport’s story through multimedia platforms using compelling writing, video, social media and photography. This individual will work with other members of the College Communications team and partners across campus to identify and develop news stories (in both written and video format) that informs internal and external audiences of the exciting, dynamic and difference-making work that is being done by the College’s students, faculty, staff and alumni. This rich and engaging content will be shared across a number of different platforms including social media, the College’s website and in printed material.
• Shoot dynamic video content utilizing professional-level equipment.
• Edit video footage utilizing software such as Final Cut Pro/Premiere Pro.
• Produce video stories in a strategic, cohesive and comprehensive manner.
• Archive video footage as appropriate.
News/Public Relations Writing
• Contribute to The Port, the College’s monthly (during the academic year) e-newsletter that is distributed to the College’s student, faculty, staff, and alumni.
• Create content to keep The Port website fresh in between editions.
• Prepare news releases about newsworthy items involving campus constituents.
Web Content Management
• Team with assigned campus partners to ensure their websites appeal to target audiences, feature strong writing, are easily navigated, and can be consumed on mobile devices in accordance with best practices.
• Work within the College’s CMS to post and organize content.
• Create content that will produce engagement on the College’s primary social channels.
• Develop a strong individual social media presence that can be utilized to share appropriate College content.
• May occasionally serve as a backup to the College’s Digital Marketing Specialist, who manages the College’s primary social channels.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting organization.
• Two years experience in media, public relations and/or marketing communications or related field.
• Demonstrated skills in news writing and video production.
• Ability to edit video using software such as Final Cut Pro/Premiere Pro.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
• Ability and willingness to contribute to a positive work environment and work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to work on tight deadline(s), including working evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Experience managing social media accounts.
• Ability to shoot still photography with professional-level cameras and edit photography with Adobe Photoshop.
• Demonstrated ability to make determinations on what makes for newsworthy content.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CMS.
The Department and The College
The Office of College Communications promotes the mission, reputation and identity of The College at Brockport. It consists of 16 professional staff members who serve as writers, marketers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, and web professionals who work diligently to help recruit talented students to the College and share the College’s story with its various stakeholders. Join a talented and experienced team and work on an exciting and vibrant campus.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on August 7, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494031 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Please include in the cover letter a link to your writing and video samples.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.