Sat, Sep 22, 2018 — 4:52 am
Budget Title: Instructional Support Technician
Campus Title: ATTAIN Lab Technology Coordinator
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $44,530
The Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), part of The College at Brockport, and located in downtown Rochester invites applications for the Advanced Technology Training and Information Networking (ATTAIN) Lab Technology Coordinator. The REOC delivers comprehensive, community-based academic and workforce development programs and provides support services leading to enhanced employment opportunities, access to further education, personal growth and development. The ATTAIN Lab Coordinator is responsible for providing on-site facilitation of learning and technical support for their assigned EOC ATTAIN lab. The Coordinator will work closely with the Rochester EOC Director and University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator to achieve outcomes specified in the Implementation Plan.
Masters, facilitates and markets the learning of technology-training resources.
• Use ISI courseware (e.g., computer-assisted instruction: vocational instructional, academic instructional and life management software), Microsoft training resources and any third-party software to facilitate training.
• Deliver Microsoft certification training to the served populations.
• Document and report participant success stories and outcomes to the EOC and UCAWD.
• Administer and proctor certification and pre-employment exams.
Creates schedules, drafts outreach plans and completes reports to support outcomes.
• Create, monitor and update a monthly schedule for lab operations and training sessions, in coordination with the EOC Director and UCAWD ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator.
• Prepare the lab’s Implementation Plan together with the EOC Director or designee and ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator and effectively execute objectives set forth within it.
• Submit monthly status reports to ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators and host institutions, which will include among other items, participant enrollment, usage, and outcomes.
• Create and implement a Community Outreach and Partnership Development plan which must include marketing strategies and presentations to promote the ATTAIN lab in local communities.
Identifies ways to partner with agencies, streamline intake processes and onboard participants.
• Work with the local Department of Human Service (DHS) and Department of Labor (DOL) office to identify potential program participants, especially Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and TANF 200% recipients.
• Determine participant TANF-eligibility during intake process.
• Provide initial orientation for all new participants and train lab participants on software and courseware resources.
• Develop training pathways for individual participants based on available lab resources.
• Provide participant intervention technical assistance and the learning stations, as needed.
Maintains ATTAIN enrollment and reporting databases.
• Report, log and record hardware and/or technical problems and their resolutions.
• Communicate any unresolved issues with hardware and software to EOC supervisors and ATTAIN Statewide Coordinators.
• Use ATTAIN’s management systems to monitor participant progress.
• Provide supervision for volunteers as needed.
• Create and maintain a clean, comfortable and orderly learning environment in the lab.
• Serve on two EOC committees.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized institution
• 2 plus years of experience working with adult learners (training, advising, and/or mentoring)
• Experience and proficiency with computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
• Must be able to work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel locally
• Valid NYS driver's license
• Experience working with TANF recipients
• Experience in community outreach
• Skilled with aiding the underserved/underprepared adult populations
• Current Microsoft certifications
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55 pm on August 15, 2018. For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu and complete the application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.