Sat, Sep 22, 2018 — 6:57 am
Secretary 1 - Department of Theatre and Music Studies - Employment Opportunity
Provides primary administrative support for a mid-sized department - The Department of Theatre and Music Studies, which includes supporting 10 full-time faculty and 12 adjuncts. Manages the day-to-day operations of the office.
• Tracks and maintains budgets, expenses, and income, and state, IFR and BASC accounts.
• Tracks room reservations for classrooms, practice rooms, studios and performance spaces.
• Serves as liaison between the department and payroll/personnel and other departments and support personnel on campus.
• Orders and maintains supplies.
• Interviews, hires and supervises student workers.
• Receives, screens, responds to and directs mail, phone calls and visitors.
• Tracks space use and reports to EMS Web Client for departmental space, and maintains swipe-card system.
• Prepares administrative & budgetary forms and reports.
• Maintains department files.
• Arranges travel and lodging for faculty, staff, guest artists, visitors, and job candidates.
• Drafts and types routine correspondence.
• Interviews, hires, and supervises student workers.
• Provides clerical support for faculty.
• Records and publishes minutes of faculty meetings.
Must have permanent appointment in a Secretary 1 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service canvass list for Secretary 1 - Brockport, Full-Time.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by August 28, 2018.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.