Mon, Nov 19, 2018 — 10:32 am
Secretary 1 - Residential Life/Learning Communities - Employment Opportunity
Performs all secretarial support for Residential Life and Learning Communities Central Staff
• Performs support duties: prepares reports and notices, schedules appointments, and solves administrative problems for Residential Life/Learning Communities central staff.
• Directly supports the activities of the Associate Director and Director of Residential Life/Learning Communities.
• Directly supports the activities of the Student Conduct program.
• Establishes and maintains required databases, hardware and software and special projects and reports. Utilizes Banner (the campus-wide student information system), CBORD's Odyssey housing management system, and Maxient (student conduct management system).
• Provides reception area coverage; answers, screens, and problem-solves calls and in-person visits from various constituents.
• Completes assigned special projects such as the end of the year banquet preparations, end of year evaluations of professional staff, and performance programs for professional staff.
• Serves as the primary support staff member for the central office staff.
• Maintains staff roster and shares with stakeholders as required.
• Maintains departmental time and attendance, travel, and procurement records.
• Enters and maintains Student Conduct system data and processes parent notification letters.
• Maintains calendars for central office staff, schedules appointments, and coordinates meetings, locations, and catering.
• Generates specific sanction and appeal decision letters and required reports when needed.
• Transcribes Student Conduct Hearings when needed.
• Assists with disciplinary background checks as needed.
• Coordinates resident director and central staff on-call duty schedules.
• Assists with conference registrations, hotel accommodations, and transportation for central staff.
• Processes travel vouchers & reimbursements.
• Tracks professional development for resident directors.
• Processes all appointment, renewal, and extra-service paperwork.
• Oversees Student Employee Program for main office: hires, trains, manages and supervises.
• Monitors and maintains professional development funds for RD staff.
• Completes Smart Classroom reservations.
• Completes Property Control/Audit of Assets.
• Monitors and maintains all Canon copier’s maintenance and supplies for all residence halls and central office.
• Takes, prepares and distributes departmental meeting minutes.
• Maintains supply inventory and coordinates w/resident directors each semester.
• P-card purchases and reconciliation.
• Processes mail & distributes when needed.
• Maintains personnel files.
Must have permanent appointment in a Secretary 1 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service canvass list for Secretary 1 - Brockport, Full-Time.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by August 28, 2018.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.