Mon, Nov 19, 2018 — 10:17 am
Secretary 1 - Department of Political Science & International Studies - Employment Opportunity
Provides primary administrative support for a mid-sized department - The Department of Political Science and International Studies, which includes supporting 8 full-time faculty and 2 adjuncts. Manages the day-to-day operations of the office.
• Provides administrative support for Department Chairpersons and faculty.
• Serves as departmental liaison with prospective students, current students, community, staff and faculty (including in-person, phone calls and email inquiries).
• Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Manages access to online resources such as Banner, Blackboard and SUNY BI Finance System.
• Processes paperwork for faculty appointments, travel reimbursement forms, equipment requests, service contracts and equipment repairs.
• Maintains general office files and forms, property and key controls.
• Hires, trains, schedules and supervises work-study students.
• Manages personnel and payroll processes. Prepares new hire paperwork, appointment forms for extra service, adjuncts and college supervisors. Maintains personnel files.
• Gathers, compiles, and prepares data from manual or automated files and other sources for various reports, publications, records, or other communications.
• Processes and supplies purchases for stationery and envelopes, business cards, and other office supplies.
• Coordinates and copies class materials; collects, reviews and files course syllabi; distributes and collects course evaluations.
• Provides word processing support using Microsoft Word to assist faculty and staff. Types, copies, and completes project requests.
• Assists chairperson with budgets – maintains departmental budget records for multiple accounts: closely monitors expenditures, maintains current balance(s), etc. Reconciles the department P-card account monthly.
• Interviews, hires and supervises work-study students. Creates work schedules; monitors time and attendance; and verifies and approves time sheets.
• Attends faculty meetings. Records and distributes meeting minutes.
• Manages the physical environment: prepares offices for new faculty and staff members, organizes and maintains workspaces.
• Assists with meetings and special events, acts as the department contact with the Events department for room reservations and BASC Catering for catering needs.
• Updates the Political Science and International Studies website as needed by the department.
• Reports maintenance issues to Facilities using Footprints.
• Sends email blasts to PLS/INS student groups as directed.
• Receives PKNs and Advisement keys from the registrar, and disperses them to appropriate faculty and for each student registration period.
• Updates/edits all program letters and program advertisement materials as needed.
Must have permanent appointment in a Secretary 1 classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service canvass list for Secretary 1 - Brockport, Full-Time.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at jobs.brockport.edu by August 28, 2018.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.