Sat, Sep 22, 2018 — 4:56 am
Associate Director of Career Services Employment Opportunity
Budget Title: Assistant Director of Career Planning and Development
Campus Title: Associate Director of Career Services
Salary Level: SL4
Minimum Salary: $60,600
Career Services at The College at Brockport provides a full range of career resources which includes support in choosing a major and career as well as the development of career management and professionalism skills. Career Services is heavily involved in the College’s applied learning efforts, in particular those related to internships and student employment. The office holds a number of large career events a year, including three career fairs.
The Associate Director will work collaboratively with the Director to provide leadership and vision in the establishment of policy and procedures to deliver comprehensive career services effectively to the campus community. The Associate Director will manage daily program operations, conduct program assessment and evaluation, assist with budget management, oversee office technology functions, and participate in strategic planning. The incumbent will provide guidance and structure for a range of career services functions, including internships, employer relations, and programming. The Associate Director will be responsible for establishing partnerships with employers to assist in developing recruitment strategies and programs designed to enhance relationships with the university. This position reports to the Director of Career Services.
• Provides frameworks for developing systems that ensure integration and efficiency of communication, information management, staffing, and workflow as well as the technological tools needed to support them.
• Monitors and evaluates operations and corresponding policies related to student access to services, internal and external communications, staffing, and workflow.
• Oversees office assessment program.
• Works with Director to oversee comprehensive recruiting activities, with emphasis on policy-setting and educational activities.
• Works with Director to oversee employment-related functions in the department including cultivating new internship and entry-level job opportunities, and the selection and evaluation of technologies for providing access to students.
• Provides career development coaching for students, in one-to-one and group workshops.
• Serves as a liaison to academic areas to develop related career programs and employer base.
• Troubleshoots concerns and inquiries by alumni, parents, students, and employers.
• Contributes to the direction and evaluation of the department's fundraising plans and strategy.
• Reviews and evaluates assessment tools and resources, training staff in their use and providing student interpretations of results.
• Monitors student interest and workplace/industry trends in order to guide strategic planning and programmatic initiatives.
• Supervises the career services coordinator and secretary.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Experience delivering training to individuals and groups
• Experience working in collaborative groups or committees to accomplish shared goals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to create and maintain an inclusive environment where all individuals feel welcome
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Student Affairs, Education, Business or a related area from an accredited US Dept. of Education or internationally recognized institution
• Understanding of trends in the labor market and how these trends may affect the recruitment of entry-level employees
• Demonstrated experience working with individuals related to career development or experience in a recruiting or sales capacity
• Comfort with using technology to make processes more efficient
• Experience supervising staff
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on August 22, 2018. For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu and complete the application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. When applying input 494042 in the Search field to find the posting.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.