Sat, Dec 15, 2018 — 11:34 am
OER Community Course Now Open!
New online mini-courses designed for learning about open educational resources (OER) are being rolled out by SUNY OER Services this fall. The first course on “Understanding OER” is now freely accessible by all, with more to follow.
• Understanding OER (available now)
• Identifying, Finding, and Adopting OER
• Customizing and Integrating OER
• Creating, Licensing, and Publishing OER
• Sharing and Promoting OER
• Open Pedagogy Master Class
Currently, there are two ways to participate:
1. The Pathway to Discovery: Explore on your own – no set pathway – no milestones – no registration required.
2. SUNY OER Community Learning Cohort: SUNY cohorts are facilitated by a SUNY OER advocate/Study Group leader. You will participate in conversations, complete knowledge checks, write short reflections, and submit evidence of learning exercises to earn course badges. Currently available at no cost, though registration is required.
If you are teaching or supporting the use of OER, these sessions are a great way to get started. See links below.
And there is still time to participate in the 2018-19 Brockport OER initiative. Complete the OER Instructor form below.