Tue, Oct 16, 2018 — 1:18 pm
Assistant Professor of Management Employment Opportunity
Assistant Professor of Management
The College at Brockport
The AACSB-accredited School of Business and Management at The College at Brockport, State University of New York is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Management to join the Department of Business Administration starting Fall 2019.
Teach three 3-credit management sessions/courses at the undergraduate or graduate levels each semester. Courses may include Business, Government and Society, Management Topic Seminar, Principles of Management as well as other business courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and emerging needs of the School. Contribute to the development of additional courses in the fields of Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Issues of Management, or Sustainability Management. Engage in extracurricular activities with students and the local business community. Contribute to the field through published scholarship consistent with the AACSB qualification of Scholarly Academics. The position also carries student advisement responsibilities and other service obligations consistent with the needs of the Department, School, College, and Profession.
• PhD or DBA (in-hand by Aug 2019 or ABD to be completed within 6 months of appointment) from an AACSB accredited business school with a major in Management or a related field consistent with expected teaching arrangements.
• Demonstrated student focus, effectiveness, and success in teaching college level courses.
• Qualified, by professional or academic experience, to teach graduate-level courses.
• Scholarly potential demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications or high-quality work in progress.
• Strong work ethic, commitment to continuous improvement, ability to teach in a multi-cultural environment, and collegial and team-oriented demeanor.
• Ability and willingness to participate in service obligations.
• Completed doctorate in Management or a related field from an AACSB accredited business school.
• An educational or research focus in Social Issues of Management or Sustainability Management.
• Refereed journal publications in press or published on topics related to Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability, Social Issues of Management, and Business Ethics.
• Experience teaching courses related to Business and Society, Business Ethics or Sustainability Management.
• Experience teaching in on-line or hybrid formats.
• Experience in developing and coordinating curricular and co-curricular programs.
• Experience with community-based and/or service learning.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Preference will be given to application materials received by October 15, 2018 and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu. For consideration, please submit 1.) Letter of Application; 2.) Resume/CV; 3.) Names and contact information for three professional references; 4.) Teaching Statement; and, 5.) Research Sample.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.