Tue, Oct 16, 2018 — 1:20 pm
Lecturer of Management Employment Opportunity
Lecturer of Management
The College at Brockport
The AACSB-accredited School of Business and Management is seeking a full time Lecturer of Management to join the Department of Business Administration starting Fall 2019.
Teach four three-credit management courses each semester at the undergraduate level in both on-line and face-to-face formats. Courses may include Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Advanced Human Resource Management, Management Topic Seminar as well as other courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and needs of business programs. The position will be in charge of advising students in the online degree completion program, carries other service obligations and is required to engage in continuous professional development.
• A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or other related business fields accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• A minimum of three-years related professional experience in Human Resource Management, which can be waived for candidates with a PhD or an ABD in related fields.
• Prior experience teaching at the college level demonstrating a student focus and instructional effectiveness.
• Prior experience teaching in on-line or hybrid formats.
• Qualified by professional or academic experience to teach undergraduate courses under the AACSB standards.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures and to encourage diversity in the curriculum.
• Ph.D. or ABD in Human Resource Management or Organizational Behavior accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• Evidence of successful teaching undergraduate Organizational Behavior or Human Resource Management courses.
• Qualified by professional or academic experience to teach graduate level courses.
• Scholarly works on topics related to Human Resource Management or Organizational Behavior.
• Professional certifications in human resources.
• Prior experience in advising students.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary, Benefits and Appointment
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurances, and retirement.
This position offers a one year contract followed by a two year contract and subsequent three-year renewable contracts contingent on performance.
Preference will be given to application materials received by October 15, 2018 and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu. For consideration, please submit the following: 1.)Letter of Application; 2.) Resume/CV; 3.) Names and contact information for three professional references; 4.) Teaching Statement; 5.) Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.