Fri, Oct 19, 2018 — 1:14 pm
2018 Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) for UUP Represented Employees
TO: UUP Represented Employees
FROM: Kallee Quill, Benefits Administrator
DATE: Friday, September 14, 2018
Under the terms of the recently ratified collective bargaining agreement, eligible full- and part-time employees may exchange previously accrued annual leave (vacation) in return for a credit to be applied toward the employee share of their NYSHIP premium on a biweekly basis.
Eligible full-time employees who enroll in PEP for July 1st through December 31st of the 2018 plan year will forfeit annual leave at the time of enrollment in return for a credit to be applied toward the employee-share of their NYSHIP premiums, in accordance with PEP guidelines. Eligible part-time employees who enroll in PEP will forfeit annual leave on a pro-rated basis in accordance with their payroll/employment percentage in return for a pro-rated credit. In no case can the credit available under the program be applied to the employer share of NYSHIP premiums.
*Note: Faculty excluded unless you have 12-month obligation and accrue vacation.
The enrollment period for the 2018 PEP program is Wednesday, September 12, 2018 through Friday, October 12, 2018.
Please complete the form found below. Forms may be faxed to 585-395-5275 or mailed to The Benefits and Payroll Office. Alternatively, you may scan and send forms to the secure email address email@example.com.
Under the terms of the agreement, eligible full-time employees who enroll in PEP for the period of July 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, will receive the following:
Full-time employees with an annual salary at $66,885 or below -
Surrender either 1.5 days or 3 days of annual leave in return for a credit of up to $250 or $500
Full-time employees with an annual salary above $66,885 and below $95,534 -
Surrender either 1 or 2 days of annual leave in return for a credit of up to $250 or $500
Part-time employees will be pro-rated accordingly based on work percentage.
To enroll in the program for the remainder of the 2018 plan year, employees must meet all eligibility criteria at the time of enrollment.
To be eligible, employees must:
1. Be employed on a Calendar Year or College Year basis;
2. Be a full-time employee with an annual salary below $95,534 OR part-time employee whose biweekly salary is within this salary range at the time of enrollment;
3. Be an employee covered by the 2016-22 New York State/UUP Collective Bargaining Agreement;
4. Be a NYSHIP enrollee (contract holder) in either the Empire Plan or an HMO;
5. Be eligible to receive an employer contribution toward NYSHIP premiums (or be on leave without pay from a position in which the employee is normally eligible for an employer share contribution toward NYSHIP premiums); and
6. Have a sufficient annual leave balance to make the full leave forfeiture without bringing their annual leave balance below 8 days or a prorated balance for part-time employees respectively
2019 PLAN YEAR PEP ENROLLMENT PERIOD
The 2019 Plan Year PEP Enrollment Period will be announced separately.