Wed, Jan 16, 2019 — 11:03 am
Lecturer of Finance Employment Opportunity
Lecturer of Finance
The College at Brockport
The AACSB-accredited School of Business and Management is seeking a Lecturer of Finance to join the Department of Accounting, Economics, and Finance to teach four 3-credit courses at the undergraduate or graduate levels each semester, starting in Fall 2019. Courses may include Principles of Finance, Financial Policy, Personal Finance, Investments, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting as well as other business courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and emerging needs of the School. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate may be asked to assist with the development of additional courses in the fields of Finance and Accounting.
The position also carries student advisement responsibilities and other service obligations consistent with the needs of the Department, School, College and Profession and engages in extracurricular activities with students and the regional business community.
The successful candidate must have initial professional qualifications and the ability to maintain qualifications consistent with AACSB criteria.
• Master's degree in finance and/or accounting from an institution accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• At last two years of professional experience in the above areas sufficient to be qualified by AACSB standards, which can be waived for candidates with a PhD or an ABD in Finance or related fields.
• Demonstrated student focus, effectiveness, and potential for success in teaching college level courses, including online and hybrid formats.
• Strong work ethic, commitment to continuous improvement, ability to teach in a multi-cultural environment, and collegial and team-oriented demeanor.
• Potential to maintain qualifications consistent with AACSB accreditation through continued academic or professional development activities.
• Experience in teaching courses such as Principles of Finance, Personal Finance, Introductory Investments, Introductory Financial Accounting, Management Accounting including online/hybrid formats.
• Experience in developing and coordinating curricular and co-curricular programming.
• Experience with pedagogical practices such as experiential education and service learning.
• Qualified, by professional or academic experience, to teach graduate-level courses.
• Professional Certification in Finance and/or Accounting.
• Ph. D. or ABD in Finance or closely related discipline from an AACSB-accredited institution.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary, Benefits and Appointment
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, healthcare and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, and disability insurances.
This position offers a one-year contract followed by a two year contract and subsequent three-year renewable contracts contingent on performance.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. For consideration, apply at jobs.brockport.edu and submit 1.) A cover letter addressing all qualifications; 2.) Resume/CV; 3.) Contact information for three references; and, 4.) A teaching statement.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.