Mon, Nov 12, 2018 — 9:25 pm
Employer Relations Coordinator Employment Opportunity
Budget Title: Senior Career Planning and Development Associate
Campus Title: Employer Relations Coordinator
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $47,256
Career Services and Student Employment Overview
Career Services at The College at Brockport provides a full range of career resources which includes support in choosing a major and career as well as the development of career management and professionalism skills. Career Services is heavily involved in the College’s applied learning efforts, in particular those related to internships and student employment. The office holds a number of large career events a year, including three career fairs.
The Student Employment team is housed within Career Services and is responsible for administering the hiring and development of Brockport student employees (approximately 1,800 per year) as well as the development of off-campus employment opportunities for students while they are school. The staff maintains, oversees, and administers the hiring processes for on campus student wage and Federal Work Study (FWS) and off-campus FWS employees, ensures employee data integrity and accuracy, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The staff provides support to supervisors regarding student employment practices, processes, and employment related issues.
The Employer Relations Coordinator will be responsible for developing off-campus employment opportunities for current students. This will include developing relationships with employers to fill part-time roles, working with nonprofit organizations in the community to facilitate employment of students in work-study positions, and looking for opportunities for students to complete internships. In addition to developing opportunities, the Employer Relations Coordinator will be responsible for tracking and reporting data related to off-campus employment opportunities. The Employer Relations Coordinator will work with the Student Employment Lead on transforming off-campus student employment positions into applied learning opportunities and helping to keep students employed off-campus connected to the College. The position will also support student success in obtaining these opportunities by supporting student development of job search skills and overall professionalism. As appropriate, the incumbent will participate in or provide support for career services programming and events. The Employer Relations Coordinator reports to the Student Employment Lead.
• Develop off-campus employment opportunities for students (work-study, part-time, and internships).
• Support students in the development of their job search skills and overall professionalism so that they will be successful in obtaining employment off-campus.
• Assist with the transformation of student employment into an applied learning opportunity.
• Track and report on off-campus employment of students.
• Assist with maintaining and developing of Eagle Connect (Handshake) as well as encouraging employer use of the system.
• Assist with the development of other office data maintenance and tracking systems (such as Salesforce).
• Create and manage events that facilitate off-campus employment of students, such as the Part-Time Jobs Fair.
• Provide support for career services programming and events, as appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• Demonstrated experience with employer development, recruiting, or similar development/relationship building activities
• Experience working in collaborative groups or committees to accomplish shared goals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to create and maintain an inclusive environment where all individuals feel welcome
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Student Affairs, Education, Business or a related area from an accredited US Dept. of Education or internationally recognized institution
• Demonstrated experience in assisting individuals in developing their job search skills.
• Comfort with using technology to make processes more efficient
• Experience delivering training to individuals and groups
• Demonstrated experience working with data and writing reports.
• Demonstrated experience in developing programs and events to support individuals in obtaining employment.
• Experience creating and managing events.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including paid health, dental and vision insurances, retirement, and paid time off.
For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu and complete the application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Internal applicants applying under the Brockport Professional Promotion Program must submit application materials by October 3.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.