Mon, Nov 19, 2018 — 2:41 am
Lecturer – RN to BSN Program Employment Opportunity
Lecturer – RN to BSN Program
The College at Brockport
The Nursing Department at The College at Brockport invites applications for a full-time, 10- month Lecturer position. Primary responsibility is teaching 12 credit hours per semester in the online RN to BSN program. Other responsibilities include participation in student advisement, committee work, and participation in curriculum development and evaluation.
• Bachelor's and Master's degree in Nursing (in hand by start date) from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internally recognized accrediting organization
• Unencumbered New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse and current registration
• Knowledge and experience in online teaching
• Demonstrated teaching proficiency using current educational theories to students and/or colleagues
• Effective interpersonal skills to work with students, faculty and staff
• Supports and contributes to an environment of diversity and inclusion
• Demonstrated ability to model high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior
• Work in a team environment, remaining attentive and open to ideas, and actively participate with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
• Experience with the development of curriculum
• Experience using adult learning principles
Twenty-three full-time faculty and staff and over 20 adjunct lecturers work in the Department of Nursing. Faculty teach in four different programs: a pre-licensure traditional BSN program, a pre-licensure second-degree accelerated BSN program, an RN to BSN completion program, and a master’s program that prepares Family Nurse Practitioners. Come work with a great team of nursing faculty with students who are talented, energetic and engaged in the learning process.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary, Benefits, and Appointment
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurances, and retirement. This position will offer a 1 year contract followed by a 2 year contract and subsequent 3 year renewable contracts based on performance. Position is available January 2019.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu and submit application materials including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.