Tue, Jan 22, 2019 — 7:51 pm
Network Engineer Employment Opportunity
The College at Brockport
Budget Title: Senior Programmer Analyst
Campus Title: Network Engineer
Salary Level: SL4
Minimum Salary: $66,580
The College at Brockport is accepting applications and nominations for the position of Network Engineer. Primary responsibilities include assisting with implementation, configuration, and operation of the campus network systems, both hardware and software, and cable plant. The incumbent will assist internal and external clients as requested to meet networking needs, install and maintain network equipment/systems and structured cable plant infrastructure in a production environment, and provide troubleshooting as needed. The incumbent will also maintain power and battery backup systems, and will create, and maintain network documentation.
Perform Maintenance on Layer 2 switching; VLANs, STP, VPC, VSS; install and manage TLS and IPSec VPNs on Cisco or Palo Alto or equivalent platforms; design and implement Cisco wireless LANs in an enterprise environment; configure Cisco Analog Voice Gateways and Cisco Call Managers; manage and use configuration management systems, code repositories, centralized logging and monitoring tools; manage and administer network system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support; adhere to and enforce policies, standards, best practices and procedures; execute projects and tasks based on the priority defined by supervisor; perform maintenance and upgrades a minimum of once per month; and, lift and transport network equipment up to 40 pounds in weight.
• Associates degree in Computer Science or similar field from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized college or university
• Cisco CCNA certification in Routing and Switching
• A minimum of 4 years of related professional network experience
• A minimum of 2 years of direct experience with Cisco networking components: routers, switches, access points
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field from an accredited US Department of Education or internationally recognized college or university
• Cisco CCNP certification
• Experience with Cisco monitoring systems (Prime Infrastructure)
• Knowledge of QoS, DNS, DHCP, IP address management, and LAN cabling components
• Effective interpersonal skills to work collegially with team members and customers
• Aptitude to convey ideas clearly to others in both verbal and written form
• Experience in Access Management (Cisco ISE), VPN, remote access servers, security devices, firewalls, security protocols, IDS / IPS, NAT/PAT, ACS, Adaptive Authentication, Radius/LDAP/TACACS
• Experience with UPS and battery backup systems.
The Library Information Technology Services' mission is to provide leadership, access and support for the Library, information and technology needs of the college community. Our vision is to provide anywhere, anytime access to applications, systems, and support needed by the College in pursuit of its mission. Strategies we are using to meet that vision are:
• Developing an agile organization to accommodate the changing IT environment including developing and adapting IT resources as needed for future demands.
• Working across organizations to implement solutions that benefit the entire College and are supportable with current staffing levels.
• Continually working with clients to improve our support and creating more opportunities for College input into IT direction.
• Standardizing technology platforms with scalable support that optimize resources.
• Migrating to system-wide applications, solutions, and support models where possible.
• Looking to reduce redundancy and duplication of effor by combining efforts where necessary and using resources more efficiently.
• Ensuring a built-in mobile component in all that we do.
• Transitioning from a "Systems-based" organization to a "Services-based" organization.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, retirement, health care and dependent care spending accounts, and generous paid time off.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on October 24, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494071 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.