Tue, Dec 11, 2018 — 10:46 am
Parking Systems Support Specialist Employment Opportunity
Parking Systems Support Specialist
The College at Brockport
Reporting to the Director or Parking and Transportation, the Parking Systems Support Specialist serves as the primary technical support for effective configuration, operation and maintenance of hardware and software systems to provide needed support to end users. The specialist also provides customer service, processes accounts receivable, enters data into multiple systems, and supervises student staff.
• Supervises student staff ranging from approximately 10 to 15 students and in the director’s absence 20 to 30 students. Duties include hiring, training and evaluating student staff, coordinating assignment of duties and assuring necessary office coverage.
• Assists in monitoring staff performance and provide input in their evaluations to the director. Maintains student employee time/attendance records.
• Assists in training professional and classified staff in the department.
• Resolves complaints and problems regarding parking tickets and parking needs.
• Provides office support by serving as front line staff. This includes cashiering, monitoring phones and two email accounts, reviewing submitted online forms, and answering questions and providing information.
• Maintains a positive image ensuring a welcoming atmosphere.
• Identifies and troubleshoots problems and recommends solutions that could enhance customer service and delivery of services.
• Provides assistance with outreach activities. Serve as department representative at various college hosted events such as Open House and Freshman Orientation. Presents during events and attends to the staff information table.
• Configures and maintains systems for either sales, reconciliation, e-commerce, reporting, and billing. Develops interfaces and fields, conducts testing, and researches new applications. Systems include Banner, Department of Motor Vehicles, Digital Display, Real-time Bus Locator and Crystal Reports.
• Provides technical assistance to enforcement staff, as it relates to trouble shooting and resolving issues with handheld units.
• Designs and develops reports utilizing Crystal Reports and Flex systems as necessary for management review.
Administration of Accounts Receivable
• Oversees accounts with collection agency. Prepares and reconciles all accounts.
• Works with staff to ensure proper billing protocols are followed (i.e. state and SUNY guidelines).
• Maintains student holds.
• Prepares daily cash deposits, as needed.
• Reconciles all cash, credit card deliveries, and EasyMoney as needed.
• Ensures proper internal controls and record keeping are maintained or improved.
• Edits departmental publications and ensures they are distributed accordingly. Assists with the development of publications and strategies to remain active with social media. Assists with the upkeep of website.
• Works closely with the director to create, update, and modify training materials used in the promotion and communication of the office.
• Serves as parking attendant and policy enforcement officer, as needed.
• Manages the citation adjudication process. Coordinates the program, schedules, training officers, sends out bills and late fees.
• Engages in appropriate professional development programs to remain current in the field including attending conferences and seeking software training opportunities. .
• Engages in service to the College by serving on committees, as needed.
• May work some weekends when events are being held.
Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized college or university; two years’ experience providing first level systems support and troubleshooting; effective customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team; strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently and multitask; and, excellent organization and problem solving skills.
Working knowledge of several programs: Flex parking management; Administrative Console (T2 Systems, Inc); Digital IRIS; Banner-SCT; Crystal Reports; bus tracking; NYS Department of Motor Vehicles; ROVR registration retreival; Quikpay; FTP (File Transfer Protocol); proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; and, bookkeeping and supervisory experience.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Our 463 acre campus consists of 44 buildings and approximately 2.7 million square feet of space. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including paid health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement, and generous paid time off.
For consideration, please apply at jobs.brockport.edu and complete the application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.