Tue, Dec 11, 2018 — 11:29 am
Technology Support Technician Employment Opportunity
Budget Title: Instructional Support Technician
Campus Title: Technology Support Technician
Salary Level: SL3
Minimum Salary: $50,825
The Office of Library, Information & Technology Services at The College at Brockport, State University of New York, Rochester campus is accepting applications for a Technology Support Technician. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Academic Technology, the incumbent will provide support to faculty, staff, and students at the Brockport Downtown Rochester location. The technician will support instructional and administrative hardware and software as well as provide technical assistance at events.
• Provides technical support to faculty, staff, and students at the Rochester Campus.
• Maintains/updates audiovisual and IT equipment and software.
• Develops technical proficiency in operating and supporting equipment.
• Provides event technology support.
• Provides users with training on the use of technology.
• Creates/updates technology support documentation.
• Participates in professional growth opportunities (conferences, workshops, seminars, trainings).
• Participates in activities that support the College (staff meetings, committees, IT outreach).
• Associates degree, from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• Experience in training and assisting customers in the use of technology
• Demonstrated commitment to learn and stay updated in technology skills/knowledge
• Troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
• Experience supporting PC/Mac hardware/software
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Ability to lift or move fifty pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Valid NYS driver's license or the ability to obtain one
• Bachelor’s degree, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• 1 year of experience in supporting and maintaining technology
• Excellent oral and written communication ability
• Experience supporting classroom/presentation technology
• Experience supporting web based videoconferencing
• Experience using/supporting Blackboard or other course management software
Salary, Benefits and Appointment
Minimum salary is $50,825 for this position. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, retirement and generous paid time off. Hours for this position are Monday - Thursday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and Fridays, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Saturdays as needed.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on December 3, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494068 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.