Tue, Dec 11, 2018 — 11:38 am
Academic Affairs Specialist Employment Opportunity
Budget Title: Staff Associate
Campus Title: Academic Affairs Specialist
Salary Level: SL4
Minimum Salary: $54,510
The Rochester Educational Opportunity Center is accepting applications and nominations for an Academic Affairs Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Academic Affairs, the Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively with faculty and staff as they engage in curriculum development, review and evaluation. The Specialist will be responsible for facilitating faculty/staff development, ensuring our student learning outcomes are used to organize the curriculum, guiding the delivery of instruction, directing learning activities and evaluating student progress. The Specialist will support the Director of Academic Affairs in analyzing data to assess the relevance, rigor and currency of programs leading to program revisions and/or new programs.
• Supports the development and revision of curriculum for new and existing programs based on both NYS standards and/or industry standards.
• In conjunction with Director of Academic Affairs, designs and delivers training and support in the use of student data for instructional decision making purposes, which includes the use of evidence-based instructional practices and strategies to achieve high rates of student growth and achievement.
• Supports the coordination of professional development for faculty and staff in the Academic Affairs division.
• In conjunction with Director of Academic Affairs provides oversight of up to three career/technical (vocational) programs.
• In conjunction to Director of Academic Affairs, provides oversight to division committees including Course Scheduling, Program Review, Curriculum, and search committees.
• Master's degree in education from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
• OR a Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university, with coursework towards professional certification and Master’s completion date within 3 years.
• 3 – 5 years of teaching experience
• Demonstrated experience in effective collaboration with community members
• Demonstrated success in conceptualizing, developing and administering professional development activities and/or programs
• Skilled in data gathering, compilation, formatting and presentation
• Experience in directing and evaluating the performance of employees under direct supervision
• Demonstrated familiarity with computer platforms and software such as Microsoft Office, Banner, and Argos
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven record of personal integrity
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• 3 – 5 years of teaching experience with underserved/underprepared populations
• Experience with Learning Management Systems
• Prior supervisory experience
• Experience in a union environment
• A strong background in program development and assessment
• Experience in teaching a career/technical education (vocational) program
The Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), part of The College at Brockport and located in downtown Rochester, invites applications for a Coordinator of Academic Affairs. The REOC delivers comprehensive, community-based academic and workforce development programs and provides support services leading to enhanced employment opportunities, access to further education, personal growth and development.
The Academic Affairs Division provides services related to effective student learning, program development and delivery for academic and career/technical program, and workforce development. The division is committed to excellence for students, faculty, staff and the community at large.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is $54,510. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances and generous paid time off.
This position is subject to the Brockport Professional Promotion Program Policy. Priority 1 internal applicants are given first preference and Priority 2 internal applicants are given second preference. Internal application materials will be accepted until 11:55pm on December 3, 2018. To apply, please visit jobs.brockport.edu and input requisition number 494075 in the Search field to access the position. For consideration, please complete the application and include your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.