Is non-matriculated status right for you?
What is a Non-Matriculated Student?
- A person that is interested in graduate level coursework but is not enrolled in a
full graduate program
- May register for select graduate courses. Some graduate courses are restricted to matriculated students so please consult with the academic department offering the course.
- Has fulfilled any prerequisites for graduate coursework you wish to enroll in.
- Are not eligible to register for 700 or 800 level courses.
- If you plan to subsequently apply for admission to a graduate program as a matriculated student, please consult with the academic department before engaging in non-matriculated study .
- A maximum of 12 graduate credits earned at The College at Brockport as a non-matriculated student may be applied to degree requirements upon matriculation with the department's approval.
- Remain active and eligible to register for courses work for 2 years unless there is a hold on their record that prevents registration activity.
- Select Non-degree (Non-matriculated) when filling out the application
- Applications are accepted for the fall and spring semesters only*
- Once the application is processed, you will receive a welcome email indicating that you have been accepted as a non-matriculated student.
*Please Note: If you are interested in taking summer or winter courses, please visit the Office of Special Sessions and Programs website or call (585) 395-5720.